Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is you favorite power tool and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would like me picking a favorite child.

Comment

i would say my Makita 12" CSMS that i got brand spanking new on Amazon for $43, by virtue of it being an incredible deal and the best 12" sliding ms out there.

before that, without hesitation, my Dremel XPR with 90 accessories.
      Last edited by CheekyMonkeyWrench; 10-06-2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

the Makita saw was actually $46 and change....not 400 and something. It could be Amazon's worst blunder, and a customers best reward in history.

I ordered 2 of them, and gave one to a family member, and my credit card was charged 93 dollars and change. out of all the people I told and all the people that ordered them on here, only one other person rec'd one.

to add insult to injury, Makita even honored a free blade rebate they had going on, so me and my brother rec'd a nice $50 check last month.

Comment

Although not 46.00, my favorite power tool has to be my Bosch 12" SCMS. Just got replacement windows installed and instead of going the cheap route (shoe molding butted up against the windows) I built custom window jambs for each window (what a pain!). Without the SCMS it would have taken forever to cut the jambs and trim.

Now that I think about it, my DeWalt router was just as useful for the same project.........I guess we can call it just about a tie between those two.

For hand tools, my favorite is hands down (no pun) the *original* Stanley wonderbar. I destroyed a whole 10x12' room (panelling, drywall, molding, insulation) in about 2 hours with only that tool.

-Chris
          Last edited by chrisexv6; 10-03-2006, 12:12 PM.

Comment

CMW or OSC, do you want to tell him why or should I?
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I defer to the gentleman from Badger country

Comment

My Bosch worm drive saw - it's smooth running , has power to no end, and it's durable.

Comment

!663-20 compact drill-my favorite drill

My 1663-20 Milwaukee Compact(spade handle drill) drill. Great power and great control(soft start helps deal w/ torque twist at start up and long pipe handle helps control drill if it ever binds in a hole). Love that you can adjust the speed w/ the speed dial. I even use it w/ power auger earth augers(I have a 2"and a 5{made very well w/ 1/2" hex shanks-purchased at Forestyry supply}") to plant flowers,bulbs etc w/ it set to no 2 on the speed dial.
                  You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Right Angle drills Rule!!!!

A close 2nd to my 1663-20 Milwaukee spade handle drill are my 2 bosch Rt angle drills. The Bosch 1132vsr(0-1100rpm,speed dial,variable speed,reverse and 3.8 amps) and my neat liitle lith ion PS10-2 cordless screwdriver(10.8volts,0-600rpm,racheting head,80 inch lbs on torque,variable speed and reverse). Both make life easier in close quarters!!!!!
                    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kimsmith4807
                      The one tool that has made my life easier has got to be my nail gun. Talk about stepping out of the dark ages and into the light.
                      I would have to say stepping out of the dark ages and getting set up with air nailers is my favorite and best thing I have ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        CMW or OSC, do you want to tell him why or should I?
                        i have nothing to say!!!! well atleast i didn't get charged
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Re: What is you favorite power tool and why?

My fav. is my cordless drill.

Comment

DEWALT DW364K 7-1/4-Inch Heavy Duty Circular Saw with Electric Brake and Rear Pivot Depth of Cut Adjustment with Kit Box. I'm sure theres bigger and better saws out there, but this is my favorite. Why, because I have dropped mine (2 of them) many, many times off roofs, from ladders, off benches, and one even got run over by a truck, and they keep on cutting. Ya you better wear hard hats around me... LOL... I do have another Dewalt w/out the electric break but I don't use that one as much as the other two, it is older and still cutting also.
                            Last edited by garager; 03-16-2007, 06:10 AM.
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

See picture for what my favorate tool is. I just like what it can do, and especially when I get angry. Can you tell me what it is and what the proper name for one of these might be?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Fire Axe-hatchet, self explanatory because of name, for starting fires and maintaining them, and not a forest fire, am I correct or not,Woussko ?
                                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X