Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is you favorite power tool and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is you favorite power tool and why?

I'm a Ridgid/Dewalt fan myself, and have loved using my 18v Ridgid tools the Impact driver really saves my wrist and the drills have plenty of power. I have used my impact driver the most and barely notice it is in my tool belt.

Please share your experience!
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

I really love my TS, no.......... my jigsaw, no....... my ROS, no............my corded drill, wait, no..............my planer, oh hell, I love em all.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Uh, Uh. I like my nail gun, cause I've never had one before and didn't know framming could be so quick. No, I like my planner cause I didn't know rough cut lumber could look so good when it's planned. No, No I like my 12" MS cause I can't cut a straight line with a hand saw to save my life. BUT, then there's my compressor, and, and that utility vehical for the MS, OH I'm so confused. I just love Ridgid Tools!! There I said it

David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSG
        Uh, Uh. I like my nail gun, cause I've never had one before and didn't know framming could be so quick. No, I like my planner cause I didn't know rough cut lumber could look so good when it's planned. No, No I like my 12" MS cause I can't cut a straight line with a hand saw to save my life. BUT, then there's my compressor, and, and that utility vehical for the MS, OH I'm so confused. I just love Ridgid Tools!! There I said it

David

I belive David says it the best for all of us

Comment

I like my Ridgid JP0610 & TP1300 to make ugly wood into pertty wood. I like to use my TS3650, BS1400, & MS1065 cut up my new found pertty wood in nice shapes and sizes to be put together with my Ridged battery tools or air nailers, & maybe some glue. I love all of my tools & my wife does to if I use them for her. As of now I am building a new shop to hold them so her projects have been on hold. I don't think I will ever have all of the ones I want but, I want the ones I have and use them daily. In the words of my Dad, Build the best and repair the rest.
          Have a great day unless you've made other plans.

Comment

My favorite power tool would have to be the microwave oven. Because I press three buttons and i am eating hot food in two minutes.

Next would be my metal cutting circ saw.
            Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

I'm not sure i can say just one is my favorite but I use my reciprocating saw the most. I use it every day, when we had two broken band saws i used it to cut unastrut. A band saw would do a better job and a lot better when cutting all thread. But my saw was able to handle it just fine. I wish i had more tools being an electrician i have the all the Ridgid power tools i need but i really want to have a little wood working shop. I have a long list off the tools i want... which is for another post.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

sparky, try an all thread cutter. looks like a bolt cutter, but it's made for 3/8'' rod. takes a split second to cut rod and no burrs.

if i told you my favorite tool, all the others would be jealous.

my newest tool is the k-60sp drain cleaner. should have that in a week.

my wifes favorite tool is the 1210 oiless threader. she had a chance to thread a piece of pipe and was amazed at this machine. she threaded a scrap piece of 1'' green pipe and i put in my truck for kicks. believe it or not i used that exact piece 1 week later for a gas job.

she is still waiting to try my propress tools. she wouldn't climb on the roof of her work last week when i fixed a raypack heater there.

my tools are her life insurance policy. if you ever see a big run of ridgid tools on ebay, check to see if i'm still around.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I would have to say that mine at the moment is my table saw, only because I am just now getting around to using it fairly often and making all the jigs, feather boards and such I need for it which in turn is teaching me additional skills.

But on a note from Plumber Rick on the propress tools, WOW! I needed to change out a hose bib in the front of the house and splice in a new sprinkler manifold and also replace and main water shutoff valve. I had a friend help me out and he borrowed a propress tool and I purchased some fittings from the store he works at and we slapped that assembly together in no time with no leaks at all on the first try. Much easier than my sloppy and rather terrible soldering skills with anything non electrical (or waiting for the pipes to dry out before solder). Usually plumbing is the one thing I avoid during any house repairs or remodel as I just am not that good at it, but with that propress tool I was impressed. Pretty neat stuff.

WWS
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

An electric ice cream maker!!!! Why? Reason is obvious. :-)

Comment

What is Your Favorite Power Tool and Why?

Uhmmmm,
                      That would be:
                      the one I'm using at the time. That is my favorite, because I can remember all the hand tools in the collection that are now collecting rust. Also, just remembering all the projects done with just hand tools.
                      It is more satisfying to use a recip saw instead of a hacksaw, or a detail sander than a block of sandpaper, for instance.
                      I have around 70 power tools; not just one or two brands, but cherry-picked tools from all the brands (I own no Ryobi tools, though).
                      This makes me pretty color blind.
                      Phil
                      Tools Rule

Comment

favorite tool

i would have to say my makita grinder. it is one of the most useful tools i own. i do alot of log crafts and railings and such. next would be my watch so i know when it is lunch time

Comment

plumber rick you were talking about a thread cutter for 3/8 rod . do you have more info about this tool. thanks hawk
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

threaded rod cutter.

hawk, the rod cutter is made by mcc. do a google search: mcc threaded rod cutter. www.mccusainc.com/

rick
                            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-23-2006, 09:39 PM.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

thanks now to get the boss to buy one for me
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X