No announcement yet.

What is your Occupation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a cabinetmaker. I also work P/T at the Home Depot in West Allis WI.

I used to do sidework at home, but lost interest after realizing how spoiled I am doing work at my job. Im considering the TS3650 hoping to make me enjoy woodworking at home again.

Comment

plumber and loudmouth. Although I dabble in wise-assness for relaxation.
      the dog

Comment

Custom deck builder
        Attached Files
        Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Nice work RobertCDF,

...and I believe that is the first time I have seen a deck painted different colors.

Jerry
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Press Mechanic.

I think I spelled that right
            Not responsible for speeling mistakes
            Jeff

Comment

Troubleshooting Heavy Ground Radar in the service 35+ years ago, gave me the true interest to look for problems and then find the best solution. That, coupled with many years in welding, machining, assembly, design and manufacturing, helped create the interest in New Product Development. Simplicity is hard to achieve, but you can see one of a list of things at www.gunook.com .
              Use Your Head, It's The Little Things That Count
              www.gunook.com

Comment

Work part time in the hardware and tool department at the Fon Du Lac Wisconsin Home Depot, store 4933.

I'm only doing that to get me through school. I'm a junior at UW-Oshkosh going for a degree in Biology with an ecology and organismal emphasis. After that i'm off to graduate school for a masters in Aquarium Sciences and that'll hopefully land me a nice job in an major aquarium taking care of the marine life.

Working for the home depot got me really interested in wooodworking as although i may have very little experence in that field and no time, space, or money to start the hobby i'm hoping i can have enough knowledge in woodworking for when my real life starts i can have a hobby that i'll enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by steelewoodworker
                  Nice work RobertCDF,

...and I believe that is the first time I have seen a deck painted different colors.

Jerry
                  No paint... Its a composite deck using "Correct Deck" decking and "Deckorators" powder coated balusters.

Comment

thats what I need a deck that doesnt need constant maintance, Expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertCDF
                      No paint... Its a composite deck using "Correct Deck" decking and "Deckorators" powder coated balusters.
                      OK, educate me on powder coating. I thought that was something mainly placed on metal and then placed in some kind of oven to "bake" the finish on.

"Composite" is usually carbon fiber type stuff ?

Jerry
                      It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Roofer & Carpenter, www.nixroofing.com

Comment

Forensic Consultant for Construction Litigation
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by tumbleweed
                            thats what I need a deck that doesnt need constant maintance, Expensive?
                            That one was only $10,000 and it is 12' out and 20' wide with a hidden fastner system (no visible screws on the surface) as well as installing the decking @ 45 degree angle. No painting or staining but you should wash it off once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by steelewoodworker
                              OK, educate me on powder coating. I thought that was something mainly placed on metal and then placed in some kind of oven to "bake" the finish on.

"Composite" is usually carbon fiber type stuff ?

Jerry
                              I know nothing of powder coating... I just buy the pickets
                              You can find out more at: www.deckorators.com

From the Correct Deck website:

CorrectDeck plastic profiles consist of polypropylene, reclaimed hardwood fiber, UV-inhibited pigment systems and selected process additives. The plastic utilized in CorrectDeck is a combination of virgin polypropylene and narrow spec reclaimed polypropylene. It is compounded with 60% recovered hardwood fiber into a rigid board stock material.

More info at: www.correctdeck.com

Comment

I am a credit analyst for a major great plains/west coast bank.

Love power tools.
                                Nate

Comment

Working...
                                X