X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R81030 pivoting screwdriver

Just because I'm a tool whore I bought this. Well I've used it now the past 2 weeks, and I have nothing but praise for it. Battery life is excellent considering it's a 9.6 volt. For grins and giggles I put 3" screws into some lumber to see what it would handle, well a short 53 screws later the battery finally went dead on it's first ever charge (yes I know I shouldn't be doing that, but I use tools not baby them)!! I don't care for it when it's straight because it's hard to get any leverage onto the srew, even 1 1/4'' receptacle box screws. The pistol grip is very comfortable, with the reverse and forward switch there. The quick coupler for the bits isn't the greatest takes a wiggle or two for it to lock onto the bit. I thought the tool might be a little bulky to use but not at all. I wish they would've included a hard plastic case instead of a cloth bag, but that's Ridgid!!

I've been thinking about getting it. I like Ridgid's better than the dewalt since the direction switch isn't to troublesome. i used to carry around a 12v drill for finish work and for 99 bucks having something compatible with my Ridgid set is real appealing. I like the way it feels in my hand since a lot of tool handles seem to small.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

I’ve had the 7.2V DW version for about 1-½ years and have no complaints, and although I have never tried it I seriously doubt that it could shoot 53 3” screws on a single charge. Definitely sounds like the Ridgid wins the power crown.

Woodslayer

Comment

I've been waiting for the new Bosch Lith-eon 10.8 volt driver. I think it will be the whole meow!

I do like the Ridgid also, and heck yes, I'm a tool slut too!
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

I saw the Bosch at HD the other day but I was in somewaht of a rush. I'll be picking one up next time I'm in there. It's nice that it's Swiss made and not Chinese! I love my Bosch tools - top quality stuff...

BTW -- no one's a bigger tool whore than I -- and I say that with pride!!!

Comment

I got this as a bonus tool when I bought the 2 air nailer combo a few weeks ago at HD (on sale for $118...and I am still giddy about it). I never would have considered buying it on my own, but now that I have used it, I can't live without it. Great power and very, very handy!
            Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Re: R81030 pivoting screwdriver

I got mine around chirstmas time and love using it. it was on sale for 69.99 and now i almost use it more than my 18v. But it really makes a difference when you can put in a light or undercabanit light with this light tool. I would have gone for the bosch but why carry around 2 different chargers and another bag? Sure i can't zip my bag shut but I don't have to freak out over not having a tool small enough.
              A few days ago i was putting in a bathroom vent fan and had just enough room on both sides of the fan to fit my R81030 in to mount it.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
              X