• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilti Trying LifeTime...

warranty...Hilti
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Here's hoping other mfgs. follow in Ridgid and Hilti's footsteps.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Interesting, but it sure doesn't look like much of a warranty in IMHO, especially considering how much most Hilti equipment costs:

"After reaching the end of the 1 or 2 year No-Cost period, you pay a maximum of 30% of the corresponding new tool's list price per repair. If the cost of the repair is below this limit, you only pay the actual cost of the repair."

The Hilti tools do have a reputation for greatness, but is that for their upper line or their lower line of equipment, or perhaps both? Looking at the Hilti SF180 18 volt drill/driver at $349 vs the Ridgid 18 v X2 Hammer Drill at $249 may not be a fair comparison. For the Ridgid, it will only cost me shipping (or just drop it off) whether it's within the first year or 10 years down the road. With the Hilti, it's going to cost me up to $116 for repair (or more, if the $349 current price goes up by then).

I know, I'm probably comparing a Mercedes with a Mazda, but I can't afford to drive a Mercedes!

CWS

Comment

Hilti can afford a warranty like this ,shucks hilti can do a five year parts warranty.hilti is a great tool if you can afford it very reliable and tough.now and i mean by now every one should be able to understand what a life time warranty really means(manufacture defects)which rarely happens!
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Working...
        X