Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats ok folks just since i have started this tread gas in my town is now at $3.41 a gal.i have parked my truck and am starting to walk to work as i am only 2 miles from the shop
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

6 miles to the gallon in my gmc w 4500 tilt cab

6000 miles a year driving

i keep my prices the same

others jack theirs up over a few dollars at the end of the week

ps 4 other cars to fill

maybe my clients will come to me

i can do alot of work without driving.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK

maybe my clients will come to me

rick.
        See, that's how it starts!

Doctors used to make house calls, everyone could afford them, MDs treated almost every ailment, and then they left the medicine with you before they left. Next thing you know, they start getting specialized, then no more house calls, no one can afford them so you have to have insurance, you wait 5 hrs past your appmt time in a room full of cranky sick people jjust to see them for ten minutes, then to the bank for a 2nd mortgage for the prescription. And then congress raises taxes so the people fired from work because they were at the doctor's too long can get medical insurance.
        So now, some of the other plumbers have decided into drain cleaning as a specialty, and then You want to stop makin' house calls. SO I guess Plumbdog will stop, and then Bob D, and Oldslowchevy. And next I'll be findin' myself sittin' at the plumber's office with my broke water heater with a bunch of cranky people with their drippy sinks and stopped up toilets so you can give me a prescription for teflon tape and pipe dope which I'll have to fill at the Home Repair Pharmacy.

Where will it all end??
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor
          See, that's how it starts!

Doctors used to make house calls, everyone could afford them, MDs treated almost every ailment, and then they left the medicine with you before they left. Next thing you know, they start getting specialized, then no more house calls, no one can afford them so you have to have insurance, you wait 5 hrs past your appmt time in a room full of cranky sick people jjust to see them for ten minutes, then to the bank for a 2nd mortgage for the prescription. And then congress raises taxes so the people fired from work because they were at the doctor's too long can get medical insurance.
          So now, some of the other plumbers have decided into drain cleaning as a specialty, and then You want to stop makin' house calls. SO I guess Plumbdog will stop, and then Bob D, and Oldslowchevy. And next I'll be findin' myself sittin' at the plumber's office with my broke water heater with a bunch of cranky people with their drippy sinks and stopped up toilets so you can give me a prescription for teflon tape and pipe dope which I'll have to fill at the Home Repair Pharmacy.

Where will it all end??
          best laugh i have had in months!!!!!!!!!! thank you very much i needed that
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Well heres a first that I really could have done without. I just put $100 of gas into my van
            Price here is now $1.059/L or $4.64 USG in USD

Comment

Price Gouging

Hi all,
              Love the Rants! We are dumb Americans being led around by the nose by fat cat politicians who don't give a crap about us and big corporate execs who see us as stupid marks that they can take to the cleaners on a daily basis. Those oil co. execs shouldn't be able to sleep at night or look themselves in the mirror in the morning when they get up to shave. Just realize everybody, that when they take about oil companies making $16 Billion a year in profits that is after they pay their CEO his $400 million a year salary and bonus, that's after everybody who works for Exxon or Shell or whichever, gets paid. That's after they pay their taxes, that's after they shell out millions for new exploration and that's after they pay their upkeep and maintenance costs on their equipment and machinery. In other words, they are just about powerful enough to rule the whole frickin world with the amount of money they make in a year and then have enough left over to turn a $16 Billion a year PROFIT. WHEW! Glad I got that off my chest, I feel better now. Gas here in Appleton, WI is about $3 a gallon. Filled up the other day when it was still $2.79 a gallon. What a bargain, eh?
              We're just getting screwed royally guys.
              Jim Don

Comment

in south east pa the gas has not gone above $3.00 a gal for reg.
                i think the most i paid was $2.83 a gal and with a 41 gal tank and 11 mi to the Gal thats fine with me .
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK
                  in south east pa the gas has not gone above $3.00 a gal for reg.
                  i think the most i paid was $2.83 a gal and with a 41 gal tank and 11 mi to the Gal thats fine with me .
                  try 6 mpg @ $3.39 a gallon

i do 6000 miles a year.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

They have to add ethanol to the gas-- AZ does that already but we suffer due to others needing to switch over too.

Originally posted by mrlttlman
                    I was reading online about gas prices about a month or two ago and they said the rise in price was due to the reason that they had to replace something in the gas because the senate would not back the oil companys any more due to the byproduct was harmfull that they were dumping....
                    Now they have to use something made from corn and they have to produce twice as much and considering its located in the middle of the U.S. the railway system is jammed up .....

I think its all a bunch of BS to me..... I wish I could get a chunk of their change to buy more tools ..

Comment

Rick wrote; " i do 6000 miles a year. "

That's pretty good Rick, it takes me only 12 weeks to go that far to/from work, but I get 17~18 MPG with my F-150 4x4. It's mostly highway driving and I am not lugging around a bunch of tools in the back either.

There is an ethanol plant proposed for a town near me in NJ. If that job starts before the end of the year it should be online in 15 to 18 months, which should help the Mid-Atlantic states keep gas prices down.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

not sure what happened here in florida but the gas here was up to 3.40 a gal and as of this moring has droped to 3.07 and on the news some were down to 2.99 doesn't matter to me i am still getting a new car this coming sat.wife and i are getting a new scion xb(the box) and a used s-10.my 91 1500 is now only getting 7 mpg but for 356k miles it has been a great truck and her town car is getting 17 mpg so almost anything is better than that think the box gets 30mpg and the s10 gets 20-25 mpg and since nither one of us are very hard on cars these should last a long long time.
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Just drove from Phoenix to MT for a short trip. Prices started at $3.09/gallon in Phoenix and am now down to $2.47 where we are at now. Now it has become even easier to convince my wife to move here!!
                          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                          X