X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices ................... again

what is the deal last week it was $2.68 a gal for 87 and today it was $3.14 a gallon this is just getting dumb.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Must be getting near bonus time for the CEO's of the oil companies
    Not responsible for speeling mistakes
    Jeff

Comment

Two words OSC, Spring Break, we took a hit in this area but nothing like that, everyone flocks to your neck of the woods and the local merchants have to capitalize on it.

Woodslayer

Comment

Went from $3.02 USG to 3.78 US gallon in two weeks up north here in Central Ontario. Raw crude goes down prices go up, nice math

Comment

I was reading online about gas prices about a month or two ago and they said the rise in price was due to the reason that they had to replace something in the gas because the senate would not back the oil companys any more due to the byproduct was harmfull that they were dumping....
          Now they have to use something made from corn and they have to produce twice as much and considering its located in the middle of the U.S. the railway system is jammed up .....

I think its all a bunch of BS to me..... I wish I could get a chunk of their change to buy more tools ..

Comment

i know gas goes up at this time of the year but dang 34 cents in less than aweek is just nuts.i also dont see how it help anyone i have enough money to get by with but i only allow myself 800 a week(at that rate i live a comtrable life style and wont have to worry about money for many years)so with that it took me $110 to fill my tank for the week and back in 91 when my truck was new it only took $45 i don't mean to sound like a butt head because i have some money but trust me i wasn't like this till last year when i sold my company by at the company that i am at now there are guys there that make very little money and live pay check to pay check and don't drive the most fuel friendly cars out there(like they knew gas was going to get this high or maybe higher so it makes me wonder at what point does this questoin get said do i buy gas this week or food?i only live 2 miles from the shop but some guys are over 20 miles it is a shame that we as a nationexport more fuel than we import and as a result poeple who are near the lowwest pay scale are the ones who have to suffer and there chace of the american dream getts slimmer because of this.just my two cents on the subject
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I agree, the gas prices are really nothing short of price gouging by the oil companies. They like to point the finger at the Saudi's; but really, the oil companies are making unbelievable profits. Just tonight, it was on the News that the CEO of Exxon was getting something like a $378 million bonus package before his retirement. Also they profitted well over $16 billion last year, which is a record for any company, anywhere. And then this year, the government handed them some terrific tax breaks that will make them even more profitable this year.

Funny though, considering that I just read last week that Exxon has yet to pay for the majority of the clean-up or the payoff to Alaska's scuttled fishing industry that resulted from the Exxon Valdez accident. I guess it pays to have Bush and Cheney in the Whitehouse!

Also in the News last week was the fact that quite a few so-called oil investors here in the U.S. have been bumping up the price of crude on speculative bids. Their excuse of course, is that it is the law of supply and demand and that there are shortages. Have any of you guys seen a single gas station closed because they're out of gas? I sure haven't! The way the oil industry has worked in the last six years, is that they "cut the supply" and then "demand" more money. I wonder if any of us could do that... just decide to work 20 hours a week and then charge twice as much.

But, while thousands of illegal immigrants took to the streets last week to influence Congress to keep an open immigration policy... we've yet to see any protests over the massive oil gouging that is going on.

CWS

Comment

Sunoco 93 Octane was $3.069 here in northern Ohio last Thursday, the last time I filled up. Good thing it was only $5.85 to fill up the tank! Mmmmm 65 MPG (See Vespa in sig )

Sure glad I don't need a truck for daily driving any more!
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Guess I lucked out at $2.68 per gallon at lunch today. Unfortunately the pumps still shut off at $74 limit so it is hard to fill up my 30 gallon Dodge without swiping my card again, which the folks lined up behing me really love. If I didn't have a 2 year old to tote around I would almost be tempted to go the Vespa (or similar) route as smorris, but on the other hand it was 96 degrees F here yesterday.....a guy can really cook in that heat on a scooter!

Last time we went to $3 a gallon the pipline from Tucson broke and I sure don't look forward to those 1 hour long waits in line again.

WWS
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

3.02 here in Long Island NY. What a rip off...gas sells on the stock market for 1.75 a gallon...the rest are taxes.
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
                    ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I guess I shouldn't be complaining were only paying $2.75 gal. here in S.C. PA.

Comment

Originally posted by NYRaider
                        3.02 here in Long Island NY. What a rip off...gas sells on the stock market for 1.75 a gallon...the rest are taxes.
                        Baldwin on the North Shore?

Been years since I lived their.

Massassapequa
                        Jeff

Comment

It sure seems funny that congress held hearings on the obscene profits the oil companies made while they were "seriously hurt for production" from the gulf hurricanes. Then it all just disappeared from the news (no results from the hearings and no congressman promising legislation). Guess with the election year, all our good legislators got their bonus from Big Oil and now Big Oil has a green light to gouge us as bad as they want.
                          I don't blame Big Oil. I blame the paid prostitutes sitting in the Capitol that exempt themselves from all the laws the rest of us have to live by and make laws paid for by the highest bidder. If congressmen got paid the national average wage and their retirement was based the same as the military who go in harm's way or any other civil servant, we would see a lot less government intrusion into our daily lives and paychecks!
                          My $.02
                          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Reef12
                            Baldwin on the North Shore?

Been years since I lived their.

Massassapequa

South Shore...

Massassapequa, Seaford, Wantagh, Bellmore, Merrick, Freeport, then Baldwin. From east to west. Been living here for 34 years...too long.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
                            ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by NYRaider
                              South Shore...

Massassapequa, Seaford, Wantagh, Bellmore, Merrick, Freeport, then Baldwin. From east to west. Been living here for 34 years...too long.

My bad.

Lived their 20 years.

Thanks for the Lesson.

Strange I use to ride LIRR to Brooklyn to work should of remembered that setup
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X