X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5v Tin Roof

I have built a deck and now plan to install a 5v tin roof. My question is where to you put the screws in the 5v tin? Thanks.

tin roof install

If you haven't already got the tin wouldn't be surprised if the install instruction were labeled right on the sheets. If the instructions are missing the manufacturer has got to have the info readily available and they'll likely be more than happy to sell you their proprietory fasteners. If not how about here:
    http://www.unioncorrugating.com/pdfs...tall_08-01.pdf

I've installed a bit of corrugated metal roof not to far off from the above and the general rules were: Start opposite prevailing wind, avoid fastening through valleys, and keep it straight with a nice taut line. Don't know what manufacturers are saying about patching this stuff now but few tubes of silicone is usually an automatic.

Comment

Thanks for your input. It will help.

Thanks for your input. It will help.
      Originally posted by tkholck
      If you haven't already got the tin wouldn't be surprised if the install instruction were labeled right on the sheets. If the instructions are missing the manufacturer has got to have the info readily available and they'll likely be more than happy to sell you their proprietory fasteners. If not how about here:
      http://www.unioncorrugating.com/pdfs...tall_08-01.pdf

I've installed a bit of corrugated metal roof not to far off from the above and the general rules were: Start opposite prevailing wind, avoid fastening through valleys, and keep it straight with a nice taut line. Don't know what manufacturers are saying about patching this stuff now but few tubes of silicone is usually an automatic.

Comment

Working...
      X