X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Product

I just stumbled across the most useless appliance I've ever seen. Made for tailgators and other morons with more money than sense.

Gas Powered Blenderfor $299.00.

You could buy a really decent inverter and a brand new professional-quality blender for about half that...But then you would not get to look like an idiot while trying to start your two-stroke blender to make a couple of daquaris.
    Phil
    Tools Rule

yes but think of the cool factor.besides i bet none of your friends would have one!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
      yes but think of the cool factor.besides i bet none of your friends would have one!
      Wonder why?????
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Actually I know quite a few people who have and use them. Balloonists tend to tailgate after flights at ralleys. The gas blenders work great for margaritas. $300 is not a lot of money for someone who spends $30,000 or more (some $100,000+) on a toy (hot air balloon).

And, they are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThom
          Actually I know quite a few people who have and use them. Balloonists tend to tailgate after flights at ralleys. The gas blenders work great for margaritas. $300 is not a lot of money for someone who spends $30,000 or more (some $100,000+) on a toy (hot air balloon).

As usual, no one gets IT! Cool factor my a$$. More like FOOL factor. Who wants the 2-cycle noise and fumes while working on your hangover? Besides, here you have gasoline in with the same same stuff you're going to be consuming adult beverages.

OSC - none of my "friends" would have one either. I tend to choose my frineds from those that are the brighter bulbs in the box, and the sharper tools in the drawer <much like myself>.
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

Ya, now you can get high or plastered twice as fast.
            If the women don't find ya Handsome they should at least find ya Handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handy Andy
              Ya, now you can get high or plastered twice as fast.
              High AND plastered twice as fast.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Well Phil, I'm guessing you have not yet figured out how a gasoline engine works. The engine fuel and the drink mix are not intermixed.

You run a charcoal grill probably, you get far more fumes from that than from a mini gas engine, and your food is right in the fumes. Same for a propane grill.

I use an electric pump to run the filtration system on my pool and spa, but I am not mixing electricity and water.

If you don't want to drink, then don't. I don't and that's my personal choice. I believe it is wrong to disparage others from doing so. Adults get to make choices, then live with them.

If our primary concern was safety, we (those of us who are trade professionals) would have chosen other lines of work. Workmens comp statistics show that the average construction worker is three times as likely as a cop or a fireman to be killed or disabled on the job. It's a choice we make. I'm sure there are many who think we are idiots for making that choice, but I really don't care what they think.

Oh, one more thin Phil, though I don't know you, and you might be one of the sharper tools in the drawer, to use your own ego inflated illustration, from my personal experience, It seems that those who brag the most, carry the least.
                Last edited by BigThom; 05-12-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan
                  High AND plastered twice as fast.
                  Yup,
                  Soon as you ever get it started!

(Of course, the cat with the inverter-powered electric one will be drinking his beverage be fore the gas-powered dope will get his started.)
                  Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

Well Phil, I'm guessing you have not yet figured out how a gasoline engine works. The engine fuel and the drink mix are not intermixed.

You run a charcoal grill probably, you get far more fumes from that than from a mini gas engine, and your food is right in the fumes. Same for a propane grill.

I use an electric pump to run the filtration system on my pool and spa, but I am not mixing electricity and water.

If you don't want to drink, then don't. I don't and that's my personal choice. I believe it is wrong to disparage others from doing so. Adults get to make choices, then live with them.

If our primary concern was safety, we (those of us who are trade professionals) would have chosen other lines of work. Workmens comp statistics show that the average construction worker is three times as likely as a cop or a fireman to be killed or disabled on the job. It's a choice we make. I'm sure there are many who think we are idiots for making that choice, but I really don't care what they think.

Oh, one more thin Phil, though I don't know you, and you might be one of the sharper tools in the drawer, to use your own ego inflated illustration, from my personal experience, It seems that those who brag the most, carry the least.
                    As USUAL, those all around me miss my point! Oh well, I'm weary of tring to get the romper-room crowd to adjust their perverted point of view to align with my own <correct> POV.

Sorry oversizedThomthumb, I won't bite. Go eat your wheaties.
                    Phil
                    Tools Rule

Comment

Romper-room crowd? Perverted point of view?
                      Did you wake up on the side of the bed with the wall on it?
                      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
                      X