X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this ever happened to anyone?

I went to a Tent Event at HD last week and got to check out all the tool vendors and tryout the tools. I have to say aftertrying everything I was most impressed with the Ridgid/Milwaukee tent. Mostly because they actually talked about the tools and did not put down the other companies like the yellow guys. Anyway I went in to buy my Ridgid kit spurred by the offer of a free tool and MAJOR discount. Well while in line some guy looked like he should be in high school started trying to talk me out of buying the Ridgid. Suddenly felt like i was buying a used car for some reason. Anyway this ever happen to anyone else?

Originally posted by davy
    I went to a Tent Event at HD last week and got to check out all the tool vendors and tryout the tools. I have to say after trying everything I was most impressed with the Ridgid/Milwaukee tent. Mostly because they actually talked about the tools and did not put down the other companies like the yellow guys. Anyway I went in to buy my Ridgid kit spurred by the offer of a free tool and MAJOR discount. Well while in line some guy looked like he should be in high school started trying to talk me out of buying the Ridgid. Suddenly felt like i was buying a used car for some reason. Anyway this ever happen to anyone else?
    I can see wear you're coming from on this, but even some young people know about good tools. I got mine for 3 reasons. I had a coworker who loved using his and some of the other guys kept trying to barrow his drill even if they had other brands (yellow red and blue). I liked the price since i got in it August the 4pc set with the mail in offer for the impact driver before the price jumped from $424 with tax to $500+. The 3rd was the battery style, I didn't want something that can fall out the bottom of the drill.

If that high school kid is like me he probably spent days reading tool reviews and has a stack of various brand's full product catalogs next to the "throne of inspiration".
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

i tend to give professional advise to people in the plumbing isle that are contemplating different brands of plumbing fixtures and supplies.

one of the funniest happened when my wife came accross a male customer at h.d. looking at plungers. she advised the person to test the plunger first by throwing it on the ground to see if it sticks

after 5 plungers the person found the 1 that stuck. i had to then pick myself up off the ground as i couldn't stop from laughing

that was my wifes prank. i actually give real advise to people that ask or are confused

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Seems every time I pop into home depot between customer calls someone asks me for help like I work there, ever seen an HD employee in a shirt and tie? If I know what they are asking I will help (usually know more then most of the guys that work there except the retired pro's), my favorites are the ladies that were sent to HD by there not so sharp husbands. "he told me to get this and this but they don't look like they fit"
        Next time see if your wife can get the guy to test the suction power on his forehead

Comment

Urban Legend beginning

I can see the start of an Urban Legend here. Man and wife go into a Home Depot. Wife decides to test suction of plunger by placing it on her husband's forhead. Plunger becomes permanently attached to husband's forehead. She tries and tries to pull it off. Instead of it releasing nicely, it takes the entire skin off his forehead, leaving her with a bloody plunger and a huge hunk of skin attached. He has to be removed from plumbing aisle by paramedics with a stretcher. Goes to hospital and has a skin graft placed on his forehead from his A$$. Thereby explaining the Urban Legend about why certain guys roaming the plumbing aisle at Home Depots have hairy foreheads!

Comment

Working...
          X