X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation!!!!!!!!!

leaving today around 6-7pm to go to maryland for the next week or to should be back in a week or ten day or maybe even 2 weeks see you all later!!!!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Have a good one. wish I had more vacation Gotta save everything up for the end of the year.

Josh

Comment

What's this? Ridgid has no paternity leave??? I got all kinds of projects done around the house during my paternity leave... Of course in my current job I don't get any and I only get 4 days vacation a year. Quite the change from my previous 5 weeks per year .

Seriously, have a safe journey OSC. Someday I hope to go on vacation and leave this darn laptop behind!
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Havent checked into if thuroughly yet but I am pretty sure we dont have any paternity leave. I am gonna have to have some time off with my wife having twins (and probably c-section) thats why I am saving up the vaca.

I am looking forward to having 10 years in here so I can get 15 days of vacation.... 3.85 years left.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
          Havent checked into if thuroughly yet but I am pretty sure we dont have any paternity leave. I am gonna have to have some time off with my wife having twins (and probably c-section) thats why I am saving up the vaca.

I am looking forward to having 10 years in here so I can get 15 days of vacation.... 3.85 years left.
          josh explain 3.85 years

i have 31 years and still only have a few days a years off

i forgot friday is golf days with the guys. sometimes 2 electricians and 2 plumbers.

if my wife reads this, then no golf and then she will want kids

ps. the dog (plumbdog) just left for a well deserved vacation yesterday.

so if anyone has any real plumbing questions, shoot them this way, the dog has left the house.

we were actually seeing a calming trend with the dog. he probably ran out of energy and will return with a bigger bite

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I think Josh means he is 3.85y short of having 10y with Ridgid, at which point he will get 15 days of vacation.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
              Havent checked into if thuroughly yet but I am pretty sure we don't have any paternity leave.

josh if they say no to leave i think if you tell them that you can monitor this site and some of your other work from home they may go for it

if they do not then we all can all go on strike from this site until they say yes

or I'm sure some of the others can come up with some other ideas
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Josh -
                New fathers at my place are allowed to use all of their sick time and then take 12 wks of FMLA(Family And Medical Leave Act. It's a very interesting benefit. www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

Comment

We my son was born my boss said to take whatever time I needed, i slept in the hospital 2 nights with my wife until she was coherent engorge to handle our son on her own. Even then I was back right after a short work day. I hope you have good insurance paying 5000 would really put a damper on a "vacation".
                  "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                  "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Welcome back. How was the trip?
                      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

it went well but i couldn't wait to get back home depot opened a new store and had a big makita tent sale going on so i picked up a new lithion ion 18 volt impact drivrer for $225+tax and that was pertty much the high light of the trip.our new car ran great with my wife son and my self and our stuff running at 80 mph with the a/c on it was getting 32 mpg so that impressed me.my family is doing good as well as hers witch is always good news,saw a few friends witch was nice but all in all i have never had a vaction and i am always working on something so mainly i was board to death.lol oh well i guess it will be another 15 years before i take another one. so what has been going on in the foum here any thing good other than the deleated free prono(thank you josh)
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

its the slow summer season for the web.... We always have a small lul in the late spring early summer. Forum is still active though and we have had some other spammers I had to get rid of.

Other than that all is well. Awesome weather here today so I will be golfing tonight

Welcome back, I'm glad you had a good break,

Josh

Comment

Working...
                          X