Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quick question re: calling service

so! how come when we call Ridgid service or for that matter, any company
    we have to press "one" for English!!??

I would rather the phone call be in English and others need to learn English !!

Cactus man in Arizona

And wouldn't it be nice when you got connected, the person could speak English!!!!!!

Comment

i hate to say it folks but this is the way of the world now.like many of you i don't like it and i wish i would have learned a new lauguge (and how to spell for that matter) when i had the chance. but at the very least english is still the frist choice.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid
        And wouldn't it be nice when you got connected, the person could speak English!!!!!!
        Yes, And I mean the Queen's English, not some diluted something from the other side of the world. If you call from Texas, you should get someone from Texas. {Quit outsourcing our jobs Beancounters! There's plenty of jobless people here that can SPEAK English, and READ form a script who need employment!}
        Are you listening <fill in WXYZ corp's name>?
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
          Yes, And I mean the Queen's English, not some diluted something from the other side of the world. If you call from Texas, you should get someone from Texas. {Quit outsourcing our jobs Beancounters! There's plenty of jobless people here that can SPEAK English, and READ form a script who need employment!} Are you listening <fill in WXYZ corp's name>?
          Here in the good ole' US of A we don't speak the Queen's English. It's been a couple of centuries since we were subjects of England.

and yes there are people in Texas that can read FROM a script and WRITE well in English.

My apologies if I offended anyone's sensibilities.

Comment

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I'm for the English only to

and when you call cust service you still get some one India

but now some companies are pulling out of India and some are coming back to the U S A

this is due to to many complaints
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

This may shut this down but i was working in an area where the people had a large Mexican flag flying in there front yard. But no American flag???!!! Here i am renting an apartment because i can't afford the cost of houses, when you see people that have an home in America and fly the Mexican flag in the yard instead of the RED WHITE AND BLUE!!! If i moved to Germany to get a job i would mix in with their culture to better feel like i belong and when people have come here from Europe they speak wonderful English even if it is their second or third language.

A few days ago i got a phone call and a Latino lady was having a hard time asking me some of the survey questions. I have no problem being patient with some phone calls and was not bothered by this call itself. What did bother me was i had a hard time understanding her.

my view on emigration, You're welcome to come and make an honest living, mix in with our culture, pay our taxes, speak our language and obey our state and national laws! But if this is too much to ask, then don't cry racism!!!
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

don't go home mad, just go home
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Hmmm.. I pushing 40 so I don't consider myself an old codger yet, but I agree with Teddy, be an American in every facet. Maybe instead of ammending and modifying our Constitution to address every un-American issue that crops up over the next few millenia or so we should draft an American code of values. Now I understand that this may take a few years and hurt a few feelings but how about a set of specifications detailing desired traits of the American citizen. First on that list would have to be English is our national language. There are a lot of other things I'd like to see, willingness to defend our Constitution, and yes we could define marriage. I won't go further on my other opinions. Once finished you either meet or don't meet the specs. Somewhere we have to forget P.C., draw the line and say it ends here, want the title of being called American, here are the standards, meet 'em. Want to be in America for an extended stay, see step one.

Too many persons over our history have risked and given their lives to defend the document that makes us who we are. Let us not take that sacrifice in vain. BTW, for our north of the border friends(Quebec), if I vacation, I will make every effort to brush up on my French before coming. I try to practice what I preach.
                    Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Its the same or worse up here, we invite everyone in and ask them to retain there cultural diversity, english is becoming a minority language, as much as Quebec drives me nuts with there constant 'we want to secede from Canada and become out own country' to their language laws (ever notice ALL signs in Quebec are French only, its a LAW and everywhere else in the country all Government controlled signs are in French and English) they may have the right idea, at least their chosen language is protected. Near where I work in Markham the entire area has been bought up by Chinese people to the point that one of our beloved landmarks got torn down to make a Chinese mall - all the stores cater to them and all the signage is in their language, in fact the entire area is like that.
                      On a lighter note I got this in my email this morning. Nothing really nasty but not for kids. Rated say 14A, broadband would be helpful
                      http://www.callcentermovie.com/movie/movie2.html

Comment

Did you see the report on CNN or MSNBC about the restaurant owner in Philly making his place and english only speaking establishment. H e quote Roosevelt as well. I have to say calling support lines and talking to someone who can barely say hello is the most frustrating thing ever. English in America please.

Comment

Working...
                        X