Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You, Josh

Yahhoooooo! The forum's back!
    Let's hope Josh sent those hackers packing!
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Everything should be back up and running. Thankfully we didnt loose any of the posts or members in the hijacking... I have resecured the site and brought it back up again.

Seem like we have been under more attack lately for some reason. Hopefully this blows over.

Thanks for being patient.

Josh

Comment

Thanks

Josh,

I hope the attack didn't cause you too much extra work, but then it was probably something different for you to dig into.

Thanks for all your good work on keeping this form neat and clean and going.

Dick
      Dick

Comment

not sure if it's totally fixed yet? seems that i can't get the new post to come up. also the graphics are not all there along with the smilies.

do i have to reload this forum? or is it still affecting others as of 2:31 pst?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Everything appears to be back to normal at my end. I didn't have to do anything special.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Many of the GIF images appear to be screwed up including the reply to post and report bad post buttons along with most of the smilies. I think you are right about the new posts as well, I always use that feature and just checked under the quick link for todays posts and found a bunch that I had not seen using the 'new posts' button
            Last edited by wbrooks; 06-19-2006, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
              Many of the GIF images appear to be screwed up including the reply to post and report bad post buttons along with most of the smilies. I think you are right about the new posts as well, I always use that feature and just checked under the quick link for todays posts and found a bunch that I had not seen using the 'new posts' button

same for mine
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

For my end, a buch of stuff <gifs> are scrambled and pixelated. Also, some Espanol seems to be creeping in.
                Phil
                Tools Rule

Comment

I upgraded the forum and may have uploaded the gifs in the wrong file mode. I will take care of em tomorrow. Everything should be functioning properly though.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                    I upgraded the forum and may have uploaded the gifs in the wrong file mode. I will take care of em tomorrow. Everything should be functioning properly though.

Josh
                    thanks josh,

it's fixed

rick
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Ok... anyone see anything else that needs fixed? All the images are working again I believe.

Enjoy,

Josh

Comment

I can see one more thing different, but not sure I want to open a can of international worms pointing it out....

Under the Quick Reply window I have the two buttons. One for Post Quick Reply and the other I believe was for Advanced. It now says "Modo avanzado", but everything else is in English......and the "Post Quick Reply" button is fine.
                        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Funny thing is in the Quick Reply box one button at the bottom of the box is Post Quick Reply and the other button is en Espanol y lo dice: Modo avanzado

This looks like a classic hacker scramble.

Or, maybe Josh is just messin with us...
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

i was starting to think it was only my computer. Then i realized i have made fun of badgerdave and lorax recently.... But i guess it isn't those two either. I had a similar problem before when a hacker program started changing my favorites and this seemed to do the same thing. But these does prove that if people don't have a real hobby they can be a major pain in the........
                            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
                              Funny thing is in the Quick Reply box one button at the bottom of the box is Post Quick Reply and the other button is en Espanol y lo dice: Modo avanzado

This looks like a classic hacker scramble.

Or, maybe Josh is just messin with us...
                              No, that appeared at least a week ago. The Advanced button was screwed up long before the hacker showed up, or maybe that was his first break-in to see if his activity went unnoticed. I saw the change in the text but didn't think much of it, next time I will let Josh know.

That's a old hacker tactic, sneak in and look around and twiddle a few minor things, then sit back and see if there is any reaction. If not then put your primary plan into action.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X