Has this been a problem with anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this been a problem with anyone?

Certainly NOT Ridgid related, but I found a bit of humor in a Sears' Ad that I just received, for it's "Quiet Glide Tool Storage Cabinets"

I wish I could post the picture, but it exclames "NEW TECHNOLOGY" with drawers that are "30% SMOOTHER AND 40% QUIETER".

Hmmm , so does that mean that the old drawer was so noisey that I couldn't hear the sound of my engine when I went to retrieve a wrench or what?

Maybe I don't get enough humor in my life, but the "40% Quieter" cracked me up. I guess I didn't realize that a noisey tool drawer in the shop was a major concern that required all the R&D that went into this NEW Technology! (On the other hand, maybe with the quieter drawers, my wife won't catch me trying to fix something around the house! )

CWS

Originally posted by CWSmith
    I guess I didn't realize that a noisey tool drawer in the shop was a major concern that required all the R&D that went into this NEW Technology! (On the other hand, maybe with the quieter drawers, my wife won't catch me trying to fix something around the house! )
    So this is what keeps the R&D folks up at night!

You know, with those "new, quieter" drawers, you'll have to do the ranting & raving to get the wife to know what you're up to when you fix things.

I usually quiet my loud drawers with some variation/brand of WD-40.
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

If its anything like the way they rate HP on their vacs and compressors then it's probably only 10% quieter. and 5% smoother.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
        If its anything like the way they rate HP on their vacs and compressors then it's probably only 10% quieter. and 5% smoother.
        And don't forget the (~10-15%) satisfaction gaurantee!
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

my box is so loud when i open it i need ear plugs! cant belive that my old 390 ford with open headers is quieter than my cornwell box gee wiz what is the world coming to???(please note the 390 ford was not running for the compare and the cornwell box has not been oiled in 15 years,witch is how we at craftsman tools got this rating)
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

If its like a lot of other things the previous version was engineered to be 75% louder and 90% harder to use, look for more incremental improvements over the years. That way you can have solid tangible reason to purchase the new and "improved" model.
            Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Wonder if craftsman will make a stainless steel computer desk?
              Every time i open a drawer it drowns out the noise of the hard drive. This drives me nuts.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
              X