Rigid Vac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Vac

I have a Rigid vac, model WD09450, where the top no longers seals to the cannister. The gap between them is about 1/8" and dust comes out after the vac is turned off if it is bumped. What am I doing wrong?

You can see that the parts diagram <HERE> that there is no gasket for it. You just have to make sure the top is on right and that it clicks in place. I have the 12gal version and I've had a similar problem; I noticed that with careful assembly that the gap is gone.

Hope this helps.
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

I have the same problem with my 12 gallon. It's too bad there isn't a seal or at least an adjustable fit. Got the better filter, but like you said, bump it and the dust falls out.

CWS

Comment

Are you guys saying that there is a right way and a wrong way to attach the top? It sounds like to me that you're saying that the top will attach if mounted incorrectly but it won't seal properly. I'm having a hard time visualizing how sawdust can spill out when the vac is turned off but it doesn't spew sawdust when it's turned on.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X