X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid T3 TITANIUM saw blades

Has anyone tried the T3 TITANIUM saw blades. I noticed they are made in Italy and very similar to the Freud blades. I'm guessing they are made by Freud. They look like decent blades. Anyone care to comment?

They are made by Freud and are similar to the Freud Diablo and Avanti lines. The Freud blades tend to go on sale more frequently, so often offer a better value than the fixed HD price on the Ridgid's. If you can find a sale price on a Freud Industrial blade (designated with the prefix "L"), you'll be close in price, and a full step up in quality.

Comment

Personally I prefer full kerf blades so that rules out the Ridgid line for me. They appear to be well made but as hewood pointed out, there are other blades out there that are just as good, if not better, for equal or less money.

I also find it interesting that Ridgid has a SCMS in its tool line but doesn't offer a negative hook angle blade in its line of blades. Whats up with that?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
        ....I also find it interesting that Ridgid has a SCMS in its tool line but doesn't offer a negative hook angle blade in its line of blades. Whats up with that?
        Separate design teams that didn't compare notes!

Comment

hmmmm, I guess they are thin kerf...

Comment

I wouldn't let the thin kerf be the determining factor to not get one, but I do think you can do better with a few other brands.

Comment

I'd stick with the Frued, or maybe even stretch for a Forrest.

Comment

So, what's a good source for a Freud L-series blade? I'm getting my RAS back up and running in the next couple of weeks and would like to put better quality blade on it. Of course I could do the Google search routine, but much prefer the advice of my respected forum comrads.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith
                  So, what's a good source for a Freud L-series blade? I'm getting my RAS back up and running in the next couple of weeks and would like to put better quality blade on it. Of course I could do the Google search routine, but much prefer the advice of my respected forum comrads.

CWS
                  Hey neighbor! Amazon has a good selection, free shipping, an automatic 10% promo going on, plus $25 off $150 right now. Something with a low to negative hook angle should work well with your RAS.

Comment

The Freud LU91M010 or the LU91R010 would be your best choice for a RAS. The only difference, other than price, is that the "R" is a coated blade while the "M" isn't.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hewood and BD,

Thanks for the quick response, I have a Freud product catalog and I believe one of those numbers is what I have written down (the uncoated one I think...but the coated one sounds good). I'll check out the Amazon site.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

I will not buy another ridgid saw blade. Me and my brother each bought one and had problems with them. Mine lost its teeth real easy (I wasnt cutting nails or anything.) My brothers blade had a piece fly off while using it. We are just glad it did not hit him or others.
                        Colorado Deck and Framing - When perfection is demanded

Comment

Originally posted by RobertCDF
                          I will not buy another ridgid saw blade. Me and my brother each bought one and had problems with them. Mine lost its teeth real easy (I wasnt cutting nails or anything.) My brothers blade had a piece fly off while using it. We are just glad it did not hit him or others.

Although it doesnt cover the danger you came across those blades are warrantied against manufacturers defects. I consider loosing teeth a defect and would take it back.

At my store weve been told that the Diablo blades are warrantied for life, and have even had customers SUCCESSFULLY return dull blades. Most customers dont use them enough to hurt HD with this but it helped me make my decision as to what blade to buy, your results may vary though (had to insert CYA note)

Comment

Working...
                          X