X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a ridgid chat room?

would there be any interest in a chat room? manly for a real time discution? just a thought.
    9/11/01, never forget.

We have considered this in the past. The only issue is having enough people on at the same time to make it worthwhile. Without designated discussion times it wouldnt really work all that well.

We have considered having a chatroom session at certain scheduled times but nothing much has come of it.

In the near future we will be launching something that should make this more feasable along with adding some really cool functionality to the website.

Expect IT some time around april..

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Expect IT some time around april..

Josh
      damit man why do you tease us so!!!
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I guess time will tell what's coming. Some ISPs have chat rooms. Maybe some of us have the same ISP and could start up a chat room there until Ridgid gets one here. Just an idea We would need someone like Josh to be in there to help/make us all behave.

Comment

if you guys really all wanted to chat you could get on IRC or set up something through AIM chat. timing is the tricky part. 90% of the time you would have an empty room. the rest of the time you would probably have 1 person waiting in there
          Last edited by Josh; 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Ok guys...here is the requested chat room.

http://irc.everywherechat.com:8000/?...GID_Tools_Chat

Anybody with a browser should be able to use it....
            “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

I like the java client. The IRC server is everywherechat.com, so if you have MIRC (a dedicated Windows IRC client), you should be able to join using that. Just another option!
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Steve, I clicked on your link and was immediately disconnected from my server. Any idea why? I tried several times with same results.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BD - WHat do you mean by "disconected from my server"?
                  “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

Re: a ridgid chat room?

ok josh it is now april and we are waiting

ok at least i am lol
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Man, this is a great idea but it sure won't help me with my net addiction! I hope woussko gets clear before the launch or he really will have to cancel his ISP
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Ok guys... heres your assignment. For those of you who are a bit web savy. Look into vBulletin Chat Modules. Look at the features of some of them and recomend one to me. Most of them integrate very nicely into the forum to the point that if you are logged into the forum you just click the chat button and your in. I think our community is getting robust enough to entertain this a bit and I am willing to look into it.

Please post links to chat modules that you think have potential.

Josh

Comment

I did a little researching and found two that look halfway decent. I don't know much about them since the only chat modules i've used are in forums using phpBB software.

I think this is a full featured add-on that has everything you're looking for Josh.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120926

This is a lighter version and not sure it has as much functionality

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131002

Comment

i have read it 3 times and i still don't understand it, but i like the frist one better.(i always go with the frist one)
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Alright... we'll give it a try. You will see a button on the top menu bar that says FlashChat. Click on it and it will log you directly into the Lobby of the chat software. I have added 3 other rooms in addition to the lobby.

I'll keep an eye on this one and see what happens. I have a feeling we will have to schedule chat times in order to get enough people to participate.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X