Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Member Status

OK, I can't stand it anymore...

How is the member status on this forum determined? I started out as a "Member" then in a matter of weeks went to "Junior Member" and I wondered why. I poked around a little and saw there were other members with more posts than I had, or had longer tenure, etc., but were still "Member" status, and I was "Junior Member." I figured it wouldn't be long and I'd be "Senior Member" right up there with the big guys like BadgerDave! I couldn't figure it out but I wasn't losing any sleep over it.

This morning, though, my member status is back to "Member." Now I might start laying awake at night wondering what I did to get demoted!

- djb
    Last edited by djb; 02-20-2007, 08:17 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Re: Forum Member Status

djb, no issues

a junior member is 25 or less post i think

a member is more than 25 and less than 100

a senior member is 100+ post. you don't have to be over 65 and coffee is still full price

a coulpe of years back, when josh changed the look of the forum with
    v. bulletin, he eliminated the member rating. sort of a popularity contest

keep posting and you'll be an old dog like the couple hundred of us. (105 senior members)

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM. Reason: member count 105
    phoebe it is

Comment

The only thing I know for certain is that those titles are meaningless and pointless IMO! A few years back members were allowed to rate other members with a 1 thru 5 Star rating. What a huge joke that was. When a member signed up for the Forum, they were allowed to rate themselves and consequently there were a ton of members with 5 Star rating who had contributed nothing. I've never been a big fan of those types of designations or even of keeping track of total number of post. Seems to me that helpful advice is just that and it doesn't matter if its given by someone with 1 post or 1000 posts.

More than likely the titles are "total number of posts" driven and if they are, I don't know how you went from member to junior member then back to member.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        a junior member is 25 or less post i think
        a member is more than 25 and less than 100
        a senior member is 100+ post. you don't have to be over 65 and coffee is still full price
        So Member is higher on the food chain than Junior Member...? (I thought I started off as a "Member" but maybe not.)

Whew! Thanks, I'll sleep well tonight!

- djb, Member
        Last edited by djb; 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM. Reason: added (thought)
        sigpic

Restore the Republic.

Comment

If you guys want to come up with some kinda goofy system along with titles that can be agreed upon I can implement it. Remember we have all types of professions here so it gets a little tricky.

>50 post = "Title 1"
          100+ = "Title 2"
          500+ = "Title 3"
          1000+ = "Title 4"
          2000+ = "Title 5"

Josh

Comment

title 1 poster, title 2 sir posts alot title 3 expert title 4 person who knows everything, and lastly title 5 person with no life other than the computer
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I loved your comment oldslowchevy, #5 sounds to damn scary, I might have to change to a different forum if I ever get that close...lol...
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

lol well i am title 3 "expert" lol now expert at what is all i need to find out now
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                  title 1 poster, title 2 sir posts alot title 3 expert title 4 person who knows everything, and lastly title 5 person with no life other than the computer
                  that would put me as a"person who knows everything"

that would put badger dave as " a person with no life other than the computer"

remind me to stop posting when i hit 1999

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

On a Subaru forum I frequent, a newb is a "Newb", anyone with more than 10 posts is a "Member", and anyone with more than 500 is "Spankmaster 5000"

You can guess which I am.
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I think it might be dangerous for me to have the term "expert" anywhere near my name on here.

Comment

Hey OSC, is Title 1 poster or poser?

We hashed this over about 2 years ago I think.

We couldn't agree on a scheme back then either.
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

well sofar everyone likes my ideas
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            >50 post = "Title 1"
                            100+ = "Title 2"
                            500+ = "Title 3"
                            1000+ = "Title 4"
                            2000+ = "Title 5"
                            Dude, how about 23,000+ posts?!?
                            I was browsing another woodworking forum and saw a guy who had 23,137 posts! He was titled a "Plane Valet."

No indication if this guy ever has time to work on any projects.

- djb
                            sigpic

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Ok this is a great thread for my next statement, this is my 100th post, now I should become a senior at the age of 44, but I still have a life, thank the wood god...LOL... Must keep busy, busy busy...
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X