X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction section?

I see this as being a place where discussions about general home construction can happen. Seems like these kinds of things end up in pretty much all of the areas of the website now.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Re: Construction section?

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
    I see this as being a place where discussions about general home construction can happen. Seems like these kinds of things end up in pretty much all of the areas of the website now.
    Agreed it would be nice to have somewhere to post a question other than what we have,be it concrete,framming,tile etc.

Some may say that's what we have General Discussion for.

Comment

Sandy gets my vote of YES. The "General Discussion" area is too much an anything and everything goes anymore.

Comment

Same here...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Yes, a construction forum would be nice. A place to discuss framing, doors and windows, trim, drywall, remodeling, etc.

Comment

I notice the "electricians corner" is the only section in the General Construction section. We should have a section for framing/walls/drywall, structural elements including doors and windows, and maybe even decks. Is that where that section is headed?
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Because this site does lack the construction topic, I have been spending more time in another forum. I love Ridgid tools but I just can't seem to go over and over the same topics.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I vote with Sandy. LOML wants a tile backsplash over the kitchen and stove. I have never done ceramic tile. A forum like that would be beneficial to me, as well as give Ridgid a sense of what new tools they would want to invest in. Looks like a win-win.

Go
                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Agreed. I think it would be a nice addition to the forum as it is growing over the years to include people of many areas and I for one am always willing to learn something new.

Gofor, I am no professional, but have done quite a bit of tiling over the years and is probably one of the few topicsI feel comfortable offering my measley advice. I say start a new thread and fire away with any tile questions you may have. I am sure there are others on here who can offer great advice!
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Oh, how I hate to tile!

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                      I notice the "electricians corner" is the only section in the General Construction section. We should have a section for framing/walls/drywall, structural elements including doors and windows, and maybe even decks. Is that where that section is headed?
                      I agree as well Sandy

Methinks the Ridgid people are a wee bit absent though....
                      I think this beast of a board often steers itself through the wind O' the net we call bandwidth all by its lonesome...

In the words of Jerry Lewis...

"Hello! Hey Lady! Anybody Home!...."
                      Cheers! - Jim
                      -------------
                      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

You got my vote. I hate to tile, also. I hate painting. I hate doing drywall. If I wasn't such a tight-wad, I could have someone else do these things for me.
                        Truthfully, I hate those thing when I'm doing them. When I'm done, I'm proud of what I did or I do it over.
                        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I just saw the new General Construction forum, thanks Josh
                          Cheers! - Jim
                          -------------
                          All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

No problem. I have been on the boards lately but havent been posting as much. Working furiously to get Spanish and French launched. We have a crap load of text on ridgid.com Spanish is 98% done French is about 70% Gonna be very cool!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              No problem. I have been on the boards lately but havent been posting as much. Working furiously to get Spanish and French launched. We have a crap load of text on ridgid.com Spanish is 98% done French is about 70% Gonna be very cool!

Josh
                              "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
                              Cheers! - Jim
                              -------------

Comment

Working...
                              X