Swap meet section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap meet section

Can we have a section where members can post trade related items for sale or wanted? For example; I need some blade holders for the T-150 cutter head that goes with the 7/8" cable. Ridgid doesn't sell this seperately so my only option is to buy the entire cutter head at 30$ a pop. I would be able to post asking if anyone had some broken blades and pm the transaction from there. To keep spammers away, make this site available to members who have at least 100 posts.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Swap meet section

this has been brought up before with very little interest so when we have something we just post what we have to sell
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      this has been brought up before with very little interest so when we have something we just post what we have to sell
      Really?...Ive never seen anything for sale here?
      I thought it was frowned apon

Comment

there has been a few thing from time time, just as long as it is not nokia....lol

in fact my fil may have quite abit of things that he might be getting rid of in the very very near futre, like 300 power vises(2) and dies up to 5" and sevaral other things more then likly around the 5-700 range
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I think if visitors start to see tranactions happening we may open up the flood gates into our current boards.

Haven't I seen some swap or stores on other sites.Would this be a large P.I.T.A. for Ridgid,being that they would assume responsibility for the shady characters thar would undoubtedly infiltrate.

Who would moderate,I can nominate you if you would like(Heee-Heee)

I would like to see us be able to exchange in the open.I just think there is more effort in it than we think.

Adam

Comment

Ben, the last thing I need is another convenient outlet for Rick to buy tools!

Are you listening Greg?
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i like the idea

come to the ridgid site to buy ridgid stuff

i can probably supply enough to become a ridgid outlet.

anyone need an underground tank wrench?

i have one that is in the mail.

how about a hydraulic snap cutter?

i can see it now. the rick/ ridgid tool swap

thanks ben

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Haven't I seen some swap or stores on other sites.Would this be a large P.I.T.A. for Ridgid,being that they would assume responsibility for the shady characters thar would undoubtedly infiltrate.

Adam
                What if access to this could only happen if you became a "senior member"? This would allow only the members who will be around awhile. Chances are if someone has some shady charricteristics(you know what I mean, to early), it would be discovered long before they reached that level.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Personally, I would love to see what's for sale in Rick's unused tool bin. I'll bet there are treasures in there

On the downside Ben, would you trash talk me on the forum if you bought my 3 piece DeWalt kit and had to use duct tape to hold the batteries in?

Or what about my Milwaukee variable speed drill that now has 2 speeds?...Off and Reverse

What are you willing to swap for those items?

I have a closet full of unused tools that I'd love to give away cheap but arn't worth the shipping costs.

Anita says she wants the closet back to store her new wardrobe
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 12-08-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    I have a closet full of unused tools that I'd love to give away cheap but aren't worth the shipping costs. Anita says she wants the closet back to store her new wardrobe
                    Maybe you should take them to an eBay professional trading assistant and have him/her try selling them as a lot or two of tools. They just might bring more than you think with good adds placed for them.

My less than 1 cent worth

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                      Maybe you should take them to an eBay professional trading assistant and have him/her try selling them as a lot or two of tools. They just might bring more than you think with good adds placed for them.

My less than 1 cent worth
                      Ebay has become a place where businesses have taken over to use as their mobile storefront. What if someone needs a part like my situation? The wanted ads in ebay doesn't work. I've posted plenty of times in that section with never one response. Just as Pcrack mentioned, we have collected things that are just taking up space that I'm sure our wives would like us to get rid of.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Why not just create a website with all tools not just ridgid..like ricksells.com??

Then you know u r buying from plumber rick in case if a tool doesnt woirk

In my case i know where he plumbs

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Ebay has become a place where businesses have taken over to use as their mobile storefront. What if someone needs a part like my situation? The wanted ads in ebay doesn't work. I've posted plenty of times in that section with never one response. Just as Pcrack mentioned, we have collected things that are just taking up space that I'm sure our wives would like us to get rid of.
                          I had in mind where PlumbersCrack would unload things he doesn't need or want anymore. I'm all for a RIDGID trading post but think it would require a special setup (Poor Josh and the IT Team) with some serious security in place. Membership would need proof you are who you claim. They would need a fully encrypted site to keep things private. Here goes money. Now maybe RIDGID could charge small fees to help pay the way for it. Want adds would be at a very low cost. Let the sellers pay for the site and keeping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            I had in mind where PlumbersCrack would unload things he doesn't need or want anymore. I'm all for a RIDGID trading post but think it would require a special setup (Poor Josh and the IT Team) with some serious security in place. Membership would need proof you are who you claim. They would need a fully encrypted site to keep things private. Here goes money. Now maybe RIDGID could charge small fees to help pay the way for it. Want adds would be at a very low cost. Let the sellers pay for the site and keeping it up.
                            I had envisioned something different Woussko. Was thinking like a Craigslist kind of thing. Post up a discription of my junk (er...quality items) with a pic and contact me through email that's kept private. And like Gear suggested he's looking for a particular part or tool that maybe only one of us have. My tool needs are mostly plumbing related and this would be a good place to start looking for those needs.

I don't think Ridgid is looking to get bogged down in maintaining a fully encrypted secure server. Just a separate page where The Wood Meister can post up his New (3 year old) DeWalt batteries for sale.

BTW.... until this thing gets going I'm currently in the market for a quality made radiator spud wrench...let me know with a PM

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I had envisioned something different Woussko. Was thinking like a Craigslist kind of thing. Post up a discription of my junk (er...quality items) with a pic and contact me through email that's kept private. And like Gear suggested he's looking for a particular part or tool that maybe only one of us have. My tool needs are mostly plumbing related and this would be a good place to start looking for those needs.
                              This is exactly what I was thinking.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X