Drill light.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill light.....

I really like the light on the 18V LI compact drill and MaxSelect impact and wish they would put them on all drills. This is especially useful as I become more chronologicly enhanced with the resultant increase in visual challengeness! (I know that's not a word, however couldn't help my self)
    My suggestion is that they alter the trigger control so the light comes on after a quarter pull to aid in finding the "spot".

Re: Drill light.....

I have a makita lxt drill that has a light,works great

Comment

Originally posted by Gage Mc. View Post
      I have a makita lxt drill that has a light,works great
      Well yeah! Gage....Our little Ridgid light works great also. The shortcoming is
      that the light does not "light" until the drill starts moving. What I would like is for the light to illuminate at a partial press of the trigger so in low light situations one can see where one is going to penetrate...or screw..or whatever. Does the Makita have that feature?

Comment

Better yet would be a totally separate switch for just the light. In a dark work area it would be nice to have it for use as a flashlight even when not wishing to drill holes. It's wild how many times a day I use the flashlight feature in my cell phone even though it's not that good of a flashlight. It does help one see better and that's where it shines.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Better yet would be a totally separate switch for just the light. In a dark work area it would be nice to have it for use as a flashlight even when not wishing to drill holes. It's wild how many times a day I use the flashlight feature in my cell phone even though it's not that good of a flashlight. It does help one see better and that's where it shines.
          Those old chronologicaly challenged eyes need more help every day, huh Woussko? I definately can identify with that!!

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
            Those old chronologically challenged eyes need more help every day, huh Woussko? I definitely can identify with that!!
            Oh yes !!!
            As Woussko gets older he finds good lighting and the right glasses for the task to be most helpful.
            Last edited by Woussko; 01-30-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

sorry roadrashray, miss read your post,no the makita does the same thing, you have to press the trigger to get the light to go on, i thought you were suggesting to put a light on the Ridgid drill.

Comment

Working...
              X