X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new jobsite radio

I have been waiting for this for awhile now, and I have to say I'm so disappointed!!! For Rigid to finally release a jobsite radio with nice features, like direct ipod docking and race scanner is cool. However, for this item is useless for it appearently does not charge your batteries. I am so confused as to why Rigid would release a jobsite radio without an internal charger. All the major battery tool brands; Dewalt, Bosch, Milwaukie, etc. that offer a heavy duty worksite radio also charge their batteries. I am a huge fan of the Rigid line of battery opperated tools, but very upset with this new release!!!

Re: The new jobsite radio

There are so many tool guys upset about this Ridgid radio that I guess I will have to post my personal solution and possibly void my warranty: I have wired an auxillary outlet and attached one of my spare Li-ion chargers to the radio. Stealthy wiring and velcro allows ez removal.

Comment

Have to fan the flames on this one.... waited for this radio to come out, just to discover it is the Sherman tank of jobsite radios. In this day and age, can't Ridgid manage to make a radio that weighs less than 25 lbs? Dewalt, Milwaukee, and even Bosch can... help out the little guy here, I'm already lugging around enough with the Ridgid 18V 5-piece boat anchor set!

Comment

Yet another thread that was started about the radio - let's look for previously started threads before starting another one, shall we boys??

Comment

Working...
        X