Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn. Josh - Special Request For Forum (Audio Uploads)

Josh and others at the Ridge Tool Company

Please give this some thought and then either act on it or reply. Thanks

Would it be too much to ask that forum members be allowed to post small size audio files in say MP3 or .WAV format? My thinking is that sometimes people have problems with machinery, power tools or the like and if others on this forum could hear it, we might be able to help them fix the problem. It would also be nice to be able to hear a before and after of a problem that got solved.

Needless to say the files would need some control from the Ridge IT team so they don't end up being useless clutter on your server(s) wasting hard drive space. Also, anything that just doesn't belong would need to be removed.

Hearing a machine coast to a stop can help us figure out gear clashing or bad ball bearings and much more. Please think about this.

Re: Attn. Josh - Special Request For Forum (Audio Uploads)

Oh sure, someone records their fart and asked you what does this sounds like, the noise is coming from my power washer, and the guy is rolling around just laughing hi @ss off, because someone came back w/a reply. How many people have a recorder, I haven't had one since I was 18 I think. Do MP3 record sounds, I really don't know. No offense to you Woussko, but its hard enough to get some people to post a picture, now your going to ask them to place a sound in here. Good luck with that, I'm sure it can help in identifying problems, but at that point they should be taking their equipment?tool to a shop, those people need to work also. Are you trying to put the repair shops out of business....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Josh and I have sent PMs back and forth some about this. We both agree this is not something to be abused. Nasty sounds or insane songs have no place on this forum. I doubt many people would use this feature but it might really pay off at times. I'm thinking that say ProBrand might do some good audio recordings of what various RIDGID products should sound like. Then if someone has the same but it doesn't sound the same, that would be good reason for him/her to have it properly and professionally repaired. On the other hand, I really would like for people to hear a good cabinet table saw with a good Forest blade running idle and also cutting wood. It's a very different sound for a junker table saw with a POC blade on it.

Yes, Woussko is totally mind blown, insane and NUTZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko
        Test audio file - Woussko howls

Yes, I know this is pretty worthless but it is Woussko howling.
        woussko, next time check it, before you zip it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

It's a MP3 file. If it won't play there, try upgrading to the current version of Windows Media Player. It should work fine then.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Rick

It's a MP3 file. If it won't play there, try upgrading to the current version of Windows Media Player. It should work fine then.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
            I believe you missed Rick's attempt at humor. For what it's worth I laughed.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Woussko, I think the butter has finally slipped off your toast

Comment

Working...
              X