Fighting For Ridgid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting For Ridgid

I wanted to buy a 14.4 2.5AH Max Ridgid battery at Home Depot today. The price marked on the shelf was $69.99 but I thought I saw a much loer price just a few days ago. I asked one of the workers to check the price and she reluctently agreed to scan it at a register. Sure enough it can back $41.99, yes I want to buy it but what about that pirce sign? She said the item was discounted so I urged her to remove the sign. We went back and forth a few times with me explaining thatother folks would see the high price and turn away whereas if it was properly marked they might actually sell a few! Maybe Ridgid can't patrol every HomeDepot to see if they are doing the right things for their business, but I would be happy to poke around my local Home Depot and make sure things are properly marked and stocked! I would charge a very small fee, perhaps a single 18volt lithium battery or something of equal value every month or so. I know this would help Ridgid sell their tools and accessories and I could use the goodies.

Re: Fighting For Ridgid

Sadly I really don't think Home Depot cares much if they do or don't sell Ridgid products. It's their total gross intake that matters to them. If doing it right is a little bit painful then they just say **** and pass it over. It will be interesting to see what gives with the Husky line. Personally I wish Ridge Tool Co. had never got into the mess of there being products made and sold of which the do NOT design, engineer or make. When it comes to Emerson Electric and the Ridgid line of shop vacs there's just no excuse for the mess. They should and I'm sure could blast ShopVac clean clear out of business with ease if they really put some efforts into it.

I guess my thinking is outdated but when I think of Ridge and RIDGID, I think of them for what is made by them and not some China made POC item.

Frank, If you can do so, try to talk to the store manager at the Home Depot near you about the pricing issues. Maybe they would hire you part time to run some checks, but I doubt the big Master at headquarters would approve their spending the extra $$$. It would boost sales and over time pay off, but sadly the YAUPO SCHIGHTS that run things can't see it.

Comment

Sometimes on my own time I hang out around the tools at Home Depot and try to steer folks towards Ridgid tools. I point out the quality, great warranty and then mention how they might meet with violence if they were to by a different brand! You'd be surprised how reasonable people can be when you explain things intelligently.

Comment

Quote from Wousko,

Frank, If you can do so, try to talk to the store manager at the Home Depot near you about the pricing issues. Maybe they would hire you part time to run some checks, but I doubt the big Master at headquarters would approve their spending the extra $$$. It would boost sales and over time pay off, but sadly the YAUPO SCHIGHTS that run things can't see it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they would hire me, I'm too old and filled with bad thoughts. I would not waste any time marking down five hundred dollar tool sets to one hundred bucks and then bolting for the door. Those $99.00 18volt Ridgid Lithiums would be on sale for $9.99. Yep, I'd last about an hour or so but it would sure be fun.

Comment

When and where Frankie... just let us know when and where.....................

Comment

Working...
          X