X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a idea

This has probably been asked, but I would like to see a classified section here.

A place we could put things up for sale, not just for plumbing but for anything from woodworking equipment to a motorcycle. Everyone loves a good deal.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Just a idea

Then I could place an ad for something cool, and people would call/email and ask for price/further details and I could yell "That's "classified"!!"

Then I'd run away from the phone laughing maniacally, clutching my sides in hysterics, tears running down my face.............
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
      Then I could place an ad for something cool, and people would call/email and ask for price/further details and I could yell "That's "classified"!!"

Then I'd run away from the phone laughing maniacally, clutching my sides in hysterics, tears running down my face.............
      I can tell you didn't have cable growing up
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

NO, NO, NO!!! That would bring every spammer in the world. If you want to sell something (or buy) go to Craigslist or EBay. Don't spoil a good thing.

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          NO, NO, NO!!! That would bring every spammer in the world. If you want to sell something (or buy) go to Craigslist or EBay. Don't spoil a good thing.

my 2 cents
          It's not spoiling a good thing, it's making it better and possibly more fun. (Oh, the horror). This site gets spammed all the time.

Just because a bird might crap on your car doesn't mean you shouldn't wash it.

Comment

I agree with tyman. I feel it would be a good idea. It would have to have a category strictly for classifieds however.

Comment

This site gets spammed all the time.
              I don't know about that. It does get people coming in here trying to sell this or that or redirect people to their web site but it's not rampant. It's kept in check by Josh and his associates at RIDGID and by all the good people here who when they see such postings don't respond to them but contact Josh or Mark to report them so they can be dealt with properly.

This has been hashed around on here a number of times over the years. In the end it has always been felt that there was more harm than good to having a dedicated "for sale" or "classified" section. Times change of course so maybe that is not the sense of the membership today, but even though I have a number of items I am looking for and also for sale I personally do not want a section devoted to ads of any type.

But maybe that's just me, I don't know. I am sure others will weigh in on the subject.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                This has been hashed around on here a number of times over the years. In the end it has always been felt that there was more harm than good to having a dedicated "for sale" or "classified" section. Times change of course so maybe that is not the sense of the membership today, but even though I have a number of items I am looking for and also for sale I personally do not want a section devoted to ads of any type.

But maybe that's just me, I don't know. I am sure others will weigh in on the subject.
                I agree with you. If you sanction it, then you start having a gray area between SPAM and just a classified.

Comment

if i list my goods for sale. ridgid would take a massive sales hit. that wouldn't be good for business and they would have to make budget cuts. this forum being the first to get cut.

that wouldn't be good for us

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

The reason I feel it would work is because I believe the forum is ran very well. The confidence and dedication to the forum by Josh, Utah and others reassures me that it would work.

Maybe their could be 50 post minimum to post a ad or some other type of way to help keep things normal.

It could even be a way to help each other without financial gain by posting a "wanted" ad.

Rick could even sell his bidet there.

Comment

Working...
                    X