Hello ProBrand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ProBrand

Please please tell us about new RIDGID products (all types) before they come out so we don't buy another brand figuring it will be a looooong time if ever before RIDGID will have one of them.

Sadly it seems like us forum members find out about a new product long after it's been introduced to the market.

Re: Hello ProBrand

Maybe we're spending too much time behind the keyboard (me included) and not out there in the real world.

Still you'd think this bunch (forums members) would have at least a day or two head start on the rest of the pack.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I couldn't agree more but I have to think that there is more behind the scenes red tape than we know about. I'm pretty sure that Emerson/Ridge Tool still has final approval on any new tool design introduced with the RIDGID name on it but I'm not so sure who is responsible for the marketing of new tools. If that responsibility falls on the shoulders of TTI than one would expect any new tool announcement should come from them and not Ridge Tool.

I don't pay enough attention to the Ryobi line to know whether or not they announce new tools ahead of their actual release. If they don't, then possibly it's a TTI corporate thing which Ridge Tool has no control over. Then again, I could very well be just spouting off a bunch of hot air............Of course I need another cup of coffee!!
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I don't see where it would hurt anyone to give the Forum a heads up to new tools being offered. I also think it would be nice to offer some to the Forum members as a combination good will, good marketing and response gimick. Now since I have repeatedly suggested the 1/2" Heavy Duty 18volt Impact Wrench, I think it is only fitting that Ridgid send me one gratis before it hits shelves at Home Depot.

Comment

Frank

I think you'll have to just end up with the larger 1/2" model of one of these or some other brand. You've begged for far too long to get an ORANGE one and I really doubt there are any in the works. Personally for the $$$ of one of these I'm staying with my trusty air powered one that really does work and hard.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23646

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Frank

I think you'll have to just end up with the larger 1/2" model of one of these or some other brand. You've begged for far too long to get an ORANGE one and I really doubt there are any in the works. Personally for the $$$ of one of these I'm staying with my trusty air powered one that really does work and hard.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23646
            I have no shame, you're right but I had really hoped Ridgid would see the value in offering this useful tool. Customers looking to buy a cordless line that includes the 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench will go to Milwaukee, DeWalt or others while Ridgid remains severly limited. During the summer I picked up a Ryobi angle grinder 18volt which workd pretty well with their lithium batteries. I would have preferred to buy one made by Ridgid but once again such a tool is not available in orange! Like many of the folks on this forum and in the trades, we have the batteries and chargers but for the life of me I can't understand why we don't have the same selection of tools?

Comment

Working...
            X