Appliance Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appliance Forum

Unless I'm missing it, how about an appliance forum? We plumbers know which dishwashers are easy to install, which refrigerators have accessible icemaker connections etc.
    We all have experience with the appliances in our homes and which have turned out to be lemons or just plain dangerous (my nearly new g.e. dishwasher nearly caught fire - a commom problem I have come to find out!) (My Jenn Air refrigerator has required repairs every year for 7 years and I know a little about their supposed customer service).
    I'm sure some appliance techs would be attracted to an 'Ask the Experts' forum.
    And most important, did I mention my g.e. burned up and I need advice on WHAT'S THE BEST (reasonably priced) DISHWASHER TO BUY!?
    Last edited by SlimTim; 03-14-2009, 03:45 PM.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Appliance Forum

I like your idear for an appliance forum. For what it is worth, I have had two dishwashers in the last 35 years (one in each of the two houses I have lived in) Both Maytag and never had to touch either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
      I like your idear for an appliance forum. For what it is worth, I have had two dishwashers in the last 35 years (one in each of the two houses I have lived in) Both Maytag and never had to touch either one.
      Mmm, I'm pretty sure Whirlpool makes Maytag dishwashers now. I'm not sure if they did 35 yrs ago. Here is an interesting site regarding who makes what appliance. http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/make.shtml

See Josh! Already an interested customer.
      Last edited by SlimTim; 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

And then, after looking over this page at Consumer Affairs . com http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...appliances.htm I get the feeling there is not a decent dishwasher made anymore (or any appliance for that matter) and one would be best served either to wash by hand (the two-cycle washer--left & right hand) or buy the cheapest one and expect to replace it in 3 or 4 years, (that works out to about $10.00 a month--you'd have to pay me at least that much to do them by hand!)
        Of course there is always the chance the dishwasher will burn your house down or ruin your hardwood floors while you are away from home.

I THINK I'LL START USING PAPER PLATES!!!!!

Comment

I think an appliance section is a good idea.

Slim, you might want to check out this jenn air fridge recall.
          http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...allmaytag.html
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            I think an appliance section is a good idea.
            What he said.

Comment

Working...
            X