X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need a bolt

Bought a PSI3000 pressure washer last summer. A defective bolt blew out of a pump housing when I turned it on this spring. I've provided pics, and a clear identification of the bolt in question. I waited a week for a response, then phoned back. Customer Service lady said she was in training this week so couldn't phone me back. Ridgid has suggested I bring the tool into a service center for replacement. As I live in the country, that's a 160 KM trip to get a bolt. Ridgid though can't just send me a bolt, they want to replace the whole pump. They say if I want the bolt, I need to call AR, their pump supplier. So I call AR, and they can't figure which bolt I need, because they can't cross reference the Ridgid part number to theirs. I've now spent at least 2 hours in total trying to get someone to send me a bolt, and I'm no further along than when I started. I guess I'll need to spend 2hrs driving and $20 in gas so that Ridgid can spend hundreds of dollars replacing a pump that only needs a bolt. Now that's efficiency.

Re: I just need a bolt

All this blather over a bolt........There's no hardware stores in Quebec?

Comment

Originally posted by jabco View Post
      Bought a PSI3000 pressure washer last summer. A defective bolt blew out of a pump housing when I turned it on this spring.
      Originally posted by jabco View Post
      I guess I'll need to spend 2hrs driving and $20 in gas so that Ridgid can spend hundreds of dollars replacing a pump that only needs a bolt. Now that's efficiency.
      Did it ever occur to you that they just might be trying to be efficient? If this bolt was in fact defective then do you think that RIDGID just might want to have a look at the other bolts, or the pump housing, just to make sure that everything else is working the way that it should? I can't and won't speak for RIDGID, but with my company, if a part in a product that I manufactured failed, I would want to see why it failed and how it affected the assembly as a whole.

Just my thoughts.

Mick

Comment

If the bolt slowly vibrated out, chances are the bolt is all that is needed. BUT, if as described, it "blew out" chances are the threads in the pump housing are substandard and no good. A pump housing coming apart on a 3000 psi pump could cause some danger to anyone who is in the vincinity and like all companies generally do, Ridgid probably will bend over backwards to avoid a product liability suit. Especially in an era where you can be cleaned out by someone who spills coffee on themself!

Comment

Working...
        X