More member "titles"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More member "titles"?

Is there any way to add more member titles based on how many posts individuals have contributed to the forum? I'm still relatively new here, yet my posts are marked with "senior member" which is the same as the forum veterans who have posts numbering in the thousands. It's not really a critical issue or anything, but I think it would be a nice way to recognize the people who have made this site a useful resource, I know I've benefited greatly from their knowledge and expertise these past few months.

Re: More member "titles"?

nice guy
    Thanks

Comment

Sorry but titles are just a bunch of letters in a row. It's the content of a posters message that really counts. I'd rather receive good sound advice from someone with only a dozen posts under their belt than gibberish from a mega poster.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I'd rather receive good sound advice from someone with only a dozen posts under their belt than gibberish from a mega poster.
        Like all of Woussko's totally worthless howling posts. ARRROOOOOOOO

With that out of the way some of the junior members have posted some very valuable info for all of us to read.
        Last edited by Woussko; 07-29-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Like silver, gold and platinum levels?
          When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Why even bother with "titles" in the first place?

We track the number of posts to massage egos that feed on that stuff....so titles should be moot!

I also agree with the only important thing here is the content of the post.
            You ask a question....

you get the following.....yelled at for asking a stupid question, defended for asking a stupid question, some guy posting a comment starting out with "I don't have or know your question but my ball point pen has blue ink", misinformation, complaints that if I give you the answer I'll have to kill you, If I answer your question I won't be able to put food on my table, ......finally after all that either a veteran poster or a new member replies with the correct information you desire.....

But then you fall flat by never following up with the results..

It would be really nice to ask a question, identify the problem, get a reasonable response, then follow up with results...AH the art of problem solving....

Then the next person can initiate a search when they have a question and actually find a solution eliminating so much duplication of effort....

Cactus Man

Comment

I see your point where good advice can come just as easily from someone who has posted 5 times as someone who has posted 5,000. If someone has been working a trade for the last 25 years, and just joined the forum yesterday, they are going to have the knowledge to answer a post well without a high post count. I also agree that turning it into some pointless posting race, or see who can attain the highest title would be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
                Like silver, gold and platinum levels?
                Oooh, oooh, oooh!!!! JOSH? JOSH? JOSH? JOSH? JOSH? (Note - this is my imitation of Rick going, "Jo Jo? Jo Jo? JO JO??) JOSH? JOSH? JOSH? Can I be "Rust"???????

Comment

Only time I check somebody's post count is if they are selling something...

Comment

Originally posted by wathman View Post
                    Is there any way to add more member titles based on how many posts individuals have contributed to the forum? I'm still relatively new here, yet my posts are marked with "senior member" which is the same as the forum veterans who have posts numbering in the thousands. It's not really a critical issue or anything, but I think it would be a nice way to recognize the people who have made this site a useful resource, I know I've benefited greatly from their knowledge and expertise these past few months.
                    And honor a few fast typing post whores.
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      Sorry but titles are just a bunch of letters in a row. It's the content of a posters message that really counts. I'd rather receive good sound advice from someone with only a dozen posts under their belt than gibberish from a mega poster.
                      i agree

Comment

yeah.......how many posts you have doesn't mean a thing.

now.......if you joined a really long time ago, that should make you special

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          now.......if you joined a really long time ago, that should make you special
                          Or a glutton for punishment.
                          ================================================== ====
                          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

You could be a "Massive" member after 1000 posts.......

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                              You could be a "Massive" member after 1000 posts.......
                              Or at one million posts you get your pick of prizes from behind one of three doors which hide some new and yet to be released RIDGID Tools.

Yes, you too could be the first on your block to own a multi-speed, waterproof, whiz-bang, thing-a-ma-jig that runs on battery or AC power in vibrant RIDGID orange and black.
                              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                              X