X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs up - Thumbs down

I would like a way to rate comments The "Thanks" botton is a little vague at times and does not allow the community to derate bad advice without adding to the fray.

Would it be possible to add thumbs up-thumbs down buttons as a way to easily identify good advice or a statement that we agree with and have the abilty to thumbs down bad or improper advice.

(I hang out on a financial site seekingalpha.com that does this and it works pretty well)

Bill

Re: Thumbs up - Thumbs down

What? And pass up the chance to give a smart-azz reply?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      I would like a way to rate comments The "Thanks" botton is a little vague at times and does not allow the community to derate bad advice without adding to the fray.

Would it be possible to add thumbs up-thumbs down buttons as a way to easily identify good advice or a statement that we agree with and have the abilty to thumbs down bad or improper advice.

(I hang out on a financial site seekingalpha.com that does this and it works pretty well)

Bill
      Would this work?
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It's been asked for at least twice before but nothing yet.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

Bill
          SPAMMER!

I have a tendency to use the "Thank You" too much. I do it to acknowledge that I've read someones post, if it makes me laugh and....

I really am thankful for most things. Kumbaya b!tches.

J.C.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Would this work?

Not exactly It would require some hard code changes to the site. Most of the time boards like this (the software) come as a package with a certain set of features. I imagine this feature would have to be built from scratch unless the makers of the software have already developed this function..

If they have Ridgid would have to buy the upgrade or new code from them...