K-39 and K-50 Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39 and K-50 Stand

Why dosen`t Ridgid make a adjustable and classable stand for storage on ones truck that can adjust to a height of one meter to be able to access external waste pipes with different access heights so the opperater can comfortably clear external secondary drains with the K39 and K50 as the K50 weights a ton and needs a solid base to operate on

Tony

Re: K-39 and K-50 Stand

tony, the k-39 is designed as a hand drill. they have toyed with a small counter top stand/ holder we played with at the roundup.

how about some longer 1/2'' ips pipe nipples to screw into the factory leg sockets.

you can probably get an adapter for ips to bsp to go from the american thread to your bsp thread. as a tri-pod design, this will remain very stable.

maybe a few nipples that are a meter long will work.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      tony, the k-39 is designed as a hand drill. they have toyed with a small counter top stand/ holder we played with at the roundup.

how about some longer 1/2'' ips pipe nipples to screw into the factory leg sockets.

you can probably get an adapter for ips to bsp to go from the american thread to your bsp thread. as a tri-pod design, this will remain very stable.

maybe a few nipples that are a meter long will work.

rick.
      It`s really the K50 its as heavy as when you get to a job and find a clean out to a secondry drain about 1mt off the ground I thought of screwing the legs off it and replacing them with longer legs but adjustable legs would have done the trick but an adjustable fold away stand would be better for a faster set up.
      Even better would be optional telescopic legs for the K-50 to raise it up to around 1mt yes now that I think of it I will get down to my shed and make it up.
      Is the thread on the K-50 leg 1/2" BST ( british stantard thread)???????????

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Is the thread on the K-50 leg 1/2" BST ( british stantard thread)???????????

Tony
        the threads are 1/2'' ips. you might be able to buy an adapter or just try threading the bst thread into the socket. i think the pitch is close enough to work. or how about threading the existing legs on the other end to bst.?

you could also get some tubing that will slide over the o.d. of the legs and pin it into place as needed.

if it's only 1 meter, have you ever tried flipping a trash can over and setting up on the that?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

if it's only 1 meter, have you ever tried flipping a trash can over and setting up on the that?

rick.[/QUOTE]

That`s to easy Rick besides we don`t have trash cans anymore they are 240Lt trolley bins with wheels your tring to tell that all secondary drains you come across are all at the height of your K-50

Tony

Comment

rick.
            That`s to easy Rick besides we don`t have trash cans anymore they are 240Lt trolley bins with wheels your tring to tell that all secondary drains you come across are all at the height of your K-50

Tony[/QUOTE]

we have the same rolling trash bins too. i just use the lid of the trash bin to hold my k-50 at approx 3'-4' height.

i've also secured my k-60 on top of my little giant adjustable ladder and now i have a pair of work platforms for the ladder. i have secured the k-60 10' off the ground and still work form the other side. works great and is secure enough to allow the 15' sections to hang off the other side.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Tony
              we have the same rolling trash bins too. i just use the lid of the trash bin to hold my k-50 at approx 3'-4' height.

i've also secured my k-60 on top of my little giant adjustable ladder and now i have a pair of work platforms for the ladder. i have secured the k-60 10' off the ground and still work form the other side. works great and is secure enough to allow the 15' sections to hang off the other side.

rick.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is a little giant adjustable ladder a photo would help and how much heaver is the K-60 to the K-50 as I am just thinking of buying a K-60 as my KM1500 is getting a bit long in the tooth and is a pain loading it on and off the truck and setting up I just want to reiterate I just thinking about it from all your reviews on the subject.

Tony

Comment

What the hell is a little giant adjustable ladder a photo would help and how much heaver is the K-60 to the K-50 as I am just thinking of buying a K-60 as my KM1500 is getting a bit long in the tooth and is a pain loading it on and off the truck and setting up I just want to reiterate I just thinking about it from all your reviews on the subject.

Tony
                the little giant is an adjustable 4 in 1 ladder that is the most compact, yet strongest ladder out there. my original 16' was made in 1979 and still going strong. my new 22' is just 1 job old.
                http://www.littlegiantladder.com/?so...atepfx-k224781

the k-60 is slightly heavier than the k-50, but is more stable and will also run the 5/8'' and 7/8'' cable.

the k-60 shows 41# shipping weight with a 12' rear guide hose. take away the guide hose and you're down to 29# 29#/ 2.2 = 13.18 kg.

your 1500 will be very jealous.

let me know if you need a hands on demo

i can knock off 2 birds at once. visit you and jetter bill

and i have 2 brand new k-60's in stock plus a new passport.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

the little giant is an adjustable 4 in 1 ladder that is the most compact, yet strongest ladder out there. my original 16' was made in 1979 and still going strong. my new 22' is just 1 job old.
                  http://www.littlegiantladder.com/?so...atepfx-k224781

the k-60 is slightly heavier than the k-50, but is more stable and will also run the 5/8'' and 7/8'' cable.

the k-60 shows 41# shipping weight with a 12' rear guide hose. take away the guide hose and you're down to 29# 29#/ 2.2 = 13.18 kg.

your 1500 will be very jealous.

let me know if you need a hands on demo

i can knock off 2 birds at once. visit you and jetter bill

and i have 2 brand new k-60's in stock plus a new passport.

rick.
                  Now I know what the little giant ladder is, are you going to charge a $800.00 delivery charge that seems to be why the K-60 are around $2800.00 here.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X