X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are pressure washers power tools?

I have no problem with pressure washers and compressors for that matter being grouped in with power tools. Maybe I have to much time on my hands. I have noticed pressure washer and compressor threads popping up quite often lately. When I think of power tools, something that cuts, screws, or fastens comes to mind.
    I started thinking that a separate title, heading or whatever you call it might be more usable. Maybe "Pressure Washers and Compressors" might work or two separate titles. It seems like we have a number of titles that aren't getting much traffic. Maybe replace one of those.....or not?.....Ray

Re: Are pressure washers power tools?

One of the definitions of the word tool @ dictionary.com is "anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose:". Using that parameter I would say that pressure washers and compressor easily fall into the category of power tools.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I would defiantly call them a power tool, try to use a hand pump to pump up a car tire some time and see if some "power" tool would not be a benefit,

they may not be the hand held tool like a saw or a drill, but they are tools that use power other than hand or elbow grease to accomplish a task,

I can understand the idea of a heading separate for that type of tool as it not the hand held tool but then where would one put in stationary power tools like table saws, or planers or jointer's, which would you put them into? there power tools IN my opinion,
      in all reality a truck is a power tool as well, as it helps you to move heavy objects with ease.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Yeah boys........and the space shuttle is a tool because it accomplishes the "task" of moving men and materials to the space station and (hopefully) back or a cargo ship is a tool because it accomplishes the "task" of moving cargo around the world.
        Please get real.......Do pressure washers come to mind when you think of a power tool? I don't think so and I don't think it does for most people. I had noticed that it seemed that many times the "pressure washer" questions were not responded to quickly or in any volume and had considered that possibly if they had their own catagory maybe they would receive a more favorable response. I had also noticed that the traffic at many of the catagories on this forum had signicantly declined and thought that if an under utilized topic had it's own location it might be useful and increase interest. I was hoping for some meaningful discussion, however it looks like some of the leadership on this forum just want to denegrate and have fun with themselves.....Ray
        Last edited by roadrashray; 04-04-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Ray, I'm not sure if putting threads that are low in volume responses into their own category will increase the number of responses but maybe it will. As to the question of what is or isn't a tool, if you can come up with a hard and fast definition for that please share it with the rest of us. I'm guessing that such a definition doesn't exist as it would be like defining the best flavor of ice cream.

I too wouldn't mind seeing some of the forums disappear but not necessarily just the ones with low volumes. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 forums, the entire General Topics section could go away and I wouldn't miss it at all. Even though I post there on occasion, I'd eliminate the Open Discussion Forum first.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            I would defiantly call them a power tool, try to use a hand pump to pump up a car tire some time and see if some "power" tool would not be a benefit,

they may not be the hand held tool like a saw or a drill, but they are tools that use power other than hand or elbow grease to accomplish a task,

I can understand the idea of a heading separate for that type of tool as it not the hand held tool but then where would one put in stationary power tools like table saws, or planers or jointer's, which would you put them into? there power tools IN my opinion,
            in all reality a truck is a power tool as well, as it helps you to move heavy objects with ease.
            i would like both of them to be considered a power tool when home depot does the power tool event this year, if they do it again!

Comment

Working...
            X