Trenchless Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenchless Forum

I may be wrong on this, but i know for a fact that several of us on here are involved in some form of trenchless pipe repair. Some bursting, some cipp spot repair, and some like me who offer full scale lining service.

I think it would be a great place to share stories and help educate on this topic. After all, it is one of the fastest growing methods of repair in our industry.

What does everyone else think?
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Trenchless Forum

we've both posted some jobs and photos.

just not sure if there's enough activity to devote a new section just for this. in fact they're getting ready to eliminate some of the slower sections once they figure out what they want on the new forum upgrade.

you're up late jake. plowing snow tonight

keep posting and i'll try to post some more bursting jobs too

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I see your point Rick, but I know there are several others who install Pipe Patch and have a genuine interest in full lining systems and bursting equipment.

I guess I just don't know what section to post under currently? What do you recommend?

And yes, we have a ton of snow here! We will be plowing and shoveling for days and days! Nearly all roads around the Chicago area are not navigable at this point unless you have a Hummer H1. The National Guard was out assisting people last night locally.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

possibly the "pipe joining and fabrication" section?

i guess using the search feature could bring up a lot of the threads.

the more we discuss this stuff, the more interest in it and more photos get the spark flying.

so if everyone who does some form of pipe repairs, post about the job with before and after photos, we can get the forum rolling

you sure you don't want to take your show on the road. it's going to be mid 70's today

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Nice to see a "Trenchless" section on here.

Comment

I would love to get some feedback. I have mostly used footage tools pipe slicer for gas lines and water lines. I have looked into the pipe patch for a few sewer lines, but it didn't seem to fit the situation. I almost had a job, where I could buy and use the tric tool setup for a large sewer line. Here in North Texas, the sewer lines are usually in the front of the house, and are only 50 feet long. Hard to sell trenchless, unless I am missing something. It seemed to me that digging a 3 foot hole at the house, and then digging down the average 5 feet at the main, kinda left only a little of the yard anyway. Where are you using your technology? Of course, with all the snow that some places have, I would try anything to get in and get out quick. Digging through 6 feet of snow, then 6 feet down to the pipe, makes me cringe.
            Last edited by Plumbingbyjay; 03-15-2011, 11:46 PM.
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
            X