X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online order process for accessories

As evidenced in the thread below and many other posts in the past, it can be difficult if not impossible to find consumable items and some accessories for various RIDGID branded power

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37109

In the thread above the issue is sandpaper to fir the JobMax sanding pads.
    In other cases its accessories, some of them safety-related, that are not available for purchase in the sole distributors stores or online. Items like throat plates for table saws is one that comes up very often. Yes, it is possible to make your own very cheaply and quickly but some people prefer not to do so.

How hard could it be to have a place where people could order these items online using PayPal or some other means to pay.

IF such a place exists on this or another site then its existence is not known to the majority of people who frequent this site. Or maybe it's just me that is unaware of an online order option from RIDGID or TTI.

And if for whatever reason you choose not to offer the sandpaper, why not name you source so people can buy direct, I have no doubt they would appreciate the business.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Online order process for accessories

I think that a lot of the problem can be traced back to the Licensing Agreement that Ridge Tool made with TTI back in 2003. Many of the tools in question are not really Ridgid tools at all, they just have that name on them. Ridge Tool/Emerson has little to nothing to do with the manufacturing process, marketing or availability of parts and consumables for these products.

I've said it before, I just don't understand why Ridge Tool/Emerson allows TTI to continually drag the good RIDGID name down into the mud but for some reason they do. For my money not a single orange Ridgid tool, with the exception of the bandsaw, can hold a candle quality wise to their earlier gray version and that situation is solely on the back of TTI. I left out the bandsaw for one simple reason, it was a pile of junk even when it was gray so making it worse would have been next to impossible. So..... before the Ridgid Bandsaw Owners Association gets here, I'm
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

As always, I appreciate the post.

As for the sanding pads, we are looking at making all of the accessories available as RIDGID aftermarket parts but we are not there yet. Some pads on the market in other brands today should fit.

RIDGIDparts.com has a lot of parts available for online purchase but there are some items (i.e. the zero clearance insert) that just aren't available.

As for quality, I appreciate the feedback. Hate hearing it of course as quality is the foundation on which RIDGID was built. On a positive note, I've taken many anecdotes from this forum to the product teams and we've made changes based on your input. Please don't think these comments go unnoticed.

Thanks,

Wyatt

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        As always, I appreciate the post.

As for the sanding pads, we are looking at making all of the accessories available as RIDGID aftermarket parts but we are not there yet. Some pads on the market in other brands today should fit.

RIDGIDparts.com has a lot of parts available for online purchase but there are some items (i.e. the zero clearance insert) that just aren't available.

As for quality, I appreciate the feedback. Hate hearing it of course as quality is the foundation on which RIDGID was built. On a positive note, I've taken many anecdotes from this forum to the product teams and we've made changes based on your input. Please don't think these comments go unnoticed.

Thanks,

Wyatt
        Nice to know that there is an ear still listening

Comment

Working...
        X