• Favorite Power Tools

Which favorite brand of power tools?
    A) Bosch
    B) DeWalt
    C) Makita
    D) Milwaukee
    E) Porter-Cable
    Marcus Rinaldi<BR>Service Tech<BR>F&W Heating & Cooling

Port band Saw. by Porter-Cable you name it it cuts it you know. the you have got to go with Milwaukee for Drills and the Plumber friend aka Sawsall

Comment

What! No listing for Harbor Freight?
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

As of cordles, DeWalt used to be the best out there for me.The 18V ridgid has taken over,no proublems yet.I sure like the power I get so far.I'm just working now and wondering how long the batterys will last me.

Be safe and protect your eyes!
        Bob B
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        Be safe out there folks
        Bob B
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Lots of options. When I saw the thread title, I thought you meant one particular tool (ie, circular saw, drill press, etc.)

Battery tools: I've still got a 15+ year old 7.2v Skil screwdriver that works. Not well, but it works. Same with a 5+ year old Ridgid (Skil) 14v drill. Batteries both still work great. We got a free Bosch 14v drill for testing a Ford truck, and I love the chuck, power, and braking of that tool. Plus I have 6 Ryobi tools that are OK. The scroll saw sure doesn't support the blade well, but the circular saw is wonderful! I checked out the Metabo tools at an industial tool show, and that might be one to look at for future products!

Stationary Power Tools: No doubt, Delta. Both the old Pre-Rockwell products, and the Pentaire products. I have 14" wood/metal band saw, 24" scroll saw, 15" drill press, and 10" contractor's saw. All are professional quality.

Hand Power Tools: An assortment. Can't beat a Skilsaw for the circular. I have an 8 1/2" heavy duty, and it is unstoppable! Porter-Cable for most of my others (plate joiner, orbital sander, pad sander, routers, etc. I have a 35+ year old plug-in Black and Decker drill I rarely use. I don't even need lighting to use it, as the brushes arc enough to light your jobsite! I do need a new belt sander. My many year old Craftsman one is almost worthless. Probably P-C when I get one. Oddly, I don't have any Milwaukee tools. I don't dislike them, just never ended up with one.

Think that covers my favorites!
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

PC, Ridgid, Ryobi, Craftsman, Delta, Bosch, Dewalt, Snap-on, SK, Mac, Central Machinery. In no particular order! I have them all and love my tools. Now IF I had to choose one brand and stick with it, I couldn't do it. plain and simple. All brands and just depends on what I want or need in a particular tool. Most of my BIG shop equipment is Ridgid, TS2400, BS1400, TP1300, WL1200. Most used hand tools are PC, 745 left blade circular saw, 333vs Random orbit sander, 895 Router set. Most used corless, Ridgid 84001 3/8 drill, Ryobi 18v Recip. saw. Most used non-powered tools Snap-on/Craftsman. (tie) [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

cordless portable - Bosch
              corded portable - Milwaukee & Skill (worm drive)
              shop - Delta

Comment

Working...
              X