Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web forum display funky for anyone else?

the web forum is too wide for my screen both at work and at home. the 5 or so other web forums i visit don't have this problem. am i missing a setting that i can adjust somewhere? i checked "my profile" but there isn't anything there to morify it.

also, after i post, the screen says, "we're taking you back to the orginal topic" but it never goes there. i have to manually click back to the forum home page.

i am definitely not new to UBB forums, which has me scratching my head as to why this is happening.

caspian

We really havent changed any of the default settings that came with the UBB package. At least for me the forum scales to whatever size I adjust my window to even down toe half the screen.

What resolution are you running your machine at? 640x480? anything above this resolution should be more than wide enough.

For the autoforwarding problem. It simply uses javascript to forward you back to the forum. Do you have javascript enabled on your machine?

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian:
      the web forum is too wide for my screen both at work and at home. the 5 or so other web forums i visit don't have this problem. am i missing a setting that i can adjust somewhere? i checked "my profile" but there isn't anything there to morify it.

also, after i post, the screen says, "we're taking you back to the orginal topic" but it never goes there. i have to manually click back to the forum home page.

i am definitely not new to UBB forums, which has me scratching my head as to why this is happening.

caspian
      This explains why you only give half answers...

This Forum shows good on my computer,,but on some of the others I'm on I have your problem..

What size do you have your screen set to display?

I think I have the same problem waiting to return to where I was so now I just click on return to forum iyts faster....

Comment

Josh,

Can you change my rating of Bob from 5 stars to 2.5, he was mean to me.

I'll check what my screen setting are at work. that is where i have my problems. at home it's o.k. (earlier i thought i was having the same problems, but was confused) (no comments from you, bob)

I'll check on java settings also. are all UBB java run? my other forums that are UBB don't give me grief.

caspian

Comment

Josh,

I'm at 1024x768 at work and am having the problem of the message board being too large for the screen (need to scroll left and right).

anyone else having this problem?

to check your settings, go to control panel; display; settings and it should tell you what your screen size is.

thanks
          caspian

Comment

I'm at 800 x 600 on 19" screen....Today I was paying mor attention and noticed that on some of the pages here they were also to big for my screen..but most are ok...

this one is to big http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...024;p=1#000014

Topic: who did the designing?

[ 12-09-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: rrmcbride ]

Comment

My screen is also 1024 x 748. The board is still too big for my screen. I have to scroll left to right to see it all. My other forums don't have this problem.

Comment

Eric, I really dont know what to tell ya 1024x768 is plently big for the forum to fit in. Is the text super huge on the forum or is it stretching for some other reason. Its a standard install of UBB Classic. So it should work fine.

Sorry I can't help ya out more,

Josh

Comment

Josh actually let me be more specific. The actual forum fits but it is the header that is huge and make me have to scroll to be able to perform a search of the forum here is a screen shot of what I see:

Comment

Eric, thanks for posting that picture. that's the same as mine.

caspian

Comment

Thanks eric... thats somethign we can at least work with. It may be the way we added that top flash advertisement in. We will give it a look.

Josh

Comment

I've modified the header banner a little. Let me know if this makes any difference.

Comment

it's still doing it for me. i also hit refresh just in case i was pulling up an old screen.

caspian

Comment

on the board forum it hasn't changed, but here it looks like the post a reply in the top right corner of the screen need to be moved over closer to the ridgid logo image. The image looks like it isn't taking the space up, so there must be something else here is what i see for this page

Comment

The problem is that the Flash banner is located at the top of the page and the logo and links should be below them....uh, you are seeing the Flash banner and not a still image, right?

I just tried another solution.

Are you folks that are having problems all using Macs?

Comment

Working...
                              X