X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the new RIDGID.com

What do you guys think about the new RIDGID.com? Is it easier to use? Is it a good resource? Is it good looking? Are the Drop Down menus easy to use? What can we do to improve it? Feel free to give any comments/questions/suggestions/criticisms. Thanks, Josh

I like it. I think the drop-downs are nicely done. You've managed to put together a site that is visually appealing, cohesive, and informative. So many web developers seem to go applet- and animation- crazy, which (IMHO) really distracts me from the primary focus of the website. You've managed to stay "on-topic." Congrats!

Comment

Your site is great, are you going to finish the rest so you can get all of the parts list and manuals to download?? I did download the threaders.. Are you going to put them on a CD now, without a big cost to the customer??

David
      David A. Bisson

Comment

I also like the site. I remember when I first looked for a Rigid site and it was a link through, er ah....oh well, somewhere else. Keep it up and don't for get the professional.

Comment

Plus it would help if I spelled Ridgid correctly.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Your site is great, are you going to finish the rest so you can get all of the parts list and manuals to download?? I did download the threaders.. Are you going to put them on a CD now, without a big cost to the customer?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We just put up the Owner's Manuals section. We will add new manuals as we get them. I might just look into putting together a CD with our Owner's and Part's Manuals. And while I was at It I would probably stick some video demo's of products and are electronic catalog on it just to make better use of the cd. I'll see what I can do. Josh

Comment

How about a clearer return icon and then posting a parts replacement area so the professional can order replacement parts for their Ridgid tools without spending twenty dollars in gasoline chasing them down?

------------------

Comment

About a clearer return button. There is always the bottom navigation bar on our site. It has a link that takes you home. You can also always get to other popular parts of the site using the other links on the bottom navigation bar. The dropdown menus at the top of the screen also have all of the important places linked as well.

There is a way to order replacement parts online already. Go to http://www.ridgidparts.com/ Its in our top navigation bar. Its labeled "Parts Online"

Thanks for the input, Hope this helps

Comment

It is a great site! I am sure it will evolve into a good forum that we can use a lot.

Comment

good job RIDGID it nice to see that you havent forgoten those of us that are not so computer savy. Its a very we layed out site..

Comment

The website looks truly great! I'll include a link to RIDGID's home page, as well as a deep link to the Shop Talk section, on my website.

------------------
                      "You are a creative problem solver"
                      - Mark, www.mybldg.com

Comment

Hey Mark,
                        Thanks for your help with all the internet links. I am sure you are aware that in an internet world, the more opportunities people have to find your site the higher your traffic will be. If I can be of any assistance to you please give me a call or email me here at RIDGID. If we talk I can possibly get you an icon that you can use to link to us from your site.

That goes for everyone out there, please send emails, talk to some of your friends and other professionals in your respective fields. RIDGID.com is brand new, Norm, Josh, and I are here everyday working to improve the quality and content of this site, and trust me we have alot planned. We can handle the site programming, but we need your help in promoting our site, so please get out there send emails and talk to friends. We are thankful for any word of mouth promotion that we can get, because no other form of advertising is more effective.
                        If anyone would like to contact me here at RIDGID you can call (440) 329-4531 or email
                        rbales@ridgid.com

Thanks for all your loyalty and support.

Ryan
                        <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark:
                        The website looks truly great! I'll include a link to RIDGID's home page, as well as a deep link to the Shop Talk section, on my website.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
                        Ryan Bales
                        Web Developer
                        Ridge Tool Company
                        rbales@ridgid.com
                        Ryan Bales<br />Web Developer <br />Ridge Tool Company<br />(440) 329-4531<br /><a href=\"http://www.ridgid.com/email/emailform.asp?ToAddress=rbales@ridgid.com&Subject= Forum@Reply\" target=\"_blank\">rbales@ridgid.com</a>

Comment

Great!

Comment

I would prefer not to have to remember any passwords.

Comment

Mark7,
                              When you post a reply or new message, your UserName and Password are automatcilaly filled so all you have to do is type in the message and send it. It should work for most browsers as long as you have cookies enabled (Unless you changed your browser settings, cookies are already enabled). Later, Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X