hard case for combo kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard case for combo kits

Make a hard case available for your combo kits. The tools get damaged in the bag.

Ridgid, don't bother with the hard case. Every cordless tool I have ever bought does not go back in the case. The bag is fine. Using the tools damage them more than keeping them in the bag. however a charger radio would be nice. I can't believe that dewalt is the only one who makes one worth using

Comment

Originally posted by Bob A. Booey:
      ..........however a charger radio would be nice. I can't believe that dewalt is the only one who makes one worth using
      They aren't, Milwaukee makes a pretty good one. The gripe I have with these radio/charger units is that the cost is far too inflated for what you get in return. They are probably much more functional on a jobsite but, in the shop, they're just a very expensive medium quality radio with a functional battery charger.
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

You can buy a boom box that sounds 100 times better at any electronics store for under $50.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

To badger Dave.
          unless Milwuakee changed their radio recently, it does not have a charger.
          It only is a radio that can run off batteries. It does,however, have a pass through plug on the plug end for a charger, but forgive me if they have changed the design. When I worked indoors I had a kick *** stereo, but I am outdoors.2 years ago I was putting a roof on a house, and 1 of the guys knocked the dewalt charger off the roof 3 stories to grass. It was hurt but worked just the same as when I bought it. Now as far as the price,I left my regular charger out in the rain, so I had no stand alone charger. I went to buy a new one. It was,I believe $60 for a new charger, so I paid $99 for the radio. So in my mind,I spent $33 for a radio that can survive a 3 story drop. Not bad.
          Now for Raf, getting a separate radio is just 1 more thing to carry, and when you work at peoples homes, they dont want to hear the radio too loud, or maybe I don't want them to hear it too loud. The thing that bothers me about it is, I find myself using old dewalt tools when wanting music, and the reception isnt too good. For me, it all comes back to less things to lug around, and backround noise

[ 07-29-2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Bob A. Booey ]

Comment

You might want to try a headphone radio, a small MP3 player or a walkman, that way you wont disturb anyone at home. The MP3 players today will hold over 1000 songs and will run for a couple days without a battery change. I prefer a boombox, but some people like headphones.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob A. Booey:
              unless Milwuakee changed their radio recently, it does not have a charger.
              It only is a radio that can run off batteries. It does,however, have a pass through plug on the plug end for a charger, but forgive me if they have changed the design.
              Boy I blew that one didn't I! [img]redface.gif[/img] You are of course correct about the Milw. radio, it doesn't have a charger for tool batteries.
              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Working...
              X