X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapter for 1 7/8 hose to hand power tools

I would like to find an adapter to hook my new 4 gal 5 hp shop vac to my ridgid 5" orbital sander. Any suggestions?

All you need is two adaptors (4"-2 1/2" & 2 1/2"- 1 1/4") and the hose as long as yo need.

Here is a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=507846

These items are very common at any home hardware store like Home Depot.
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

ooops! I had in mind you were starting with a 4" hose. Just ignor the 4"-2 1/2" fitting.
      Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

The hose on the new vac is 1 7/8 not the 2 1/2. I was trying to find a pvc pipe fitting or something. Unless, someone knows of a specialty store that would sell something like this. I'm just surprized that Ridgid doesn't have something already.

Comment

The next time you're at HD, go to the plumbing section and look at a Fernco 1056-150 flexible rubber coupling. It should fit over both the hose and the sanders outlet port. If they happen to have a 1056-125/150, that probably would be a better fit.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I purchased the 2"-1 1/2" rubber reducer. It has clamps on both sides and when clamped on the hose and sander it is very secure and works extremely well. I was sanding drywall and I wasn't getting any dust in the air at all. Thanks!

Comment

i have the sander and when you remove the bag that came with the sander there was a cupling that has one size for 2"1/2 and one for 1"1/4, soo my point is my 4,5 shopvac came with a reducer that fits right into that second fitting on the sander....

Comment

Working...
              X