Bit o' clean up needed on Ridgid home page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit o' clean up needed on Ridgid home page

You must have recently moved this forum to a new server or something, as the URL is no longer www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.yadayada, etc. It is now 216.178.164.72/blah, blah.

However, whoever takes care of updating your links to the new IP address for the forum missed one. On the Ridgid home page (www.ridgid.coom), there are two links to this forum. One is the word "Forum" in the red bar near the top of the page. That link has been updated to the new IP address for the forum. The other link to the forum, that has not been updated, is the icon for the forum just below the word "Forum." The icon is a red circle with a profile of a face with curved lines coming out of its mouth (can I get a t-shirt with a big version of that icon on it for my wife?). That icon, including the line of dots connecting it with the word "Forum" in the red bar still link to the old named address for the forum, which does not resolve to the new IP address for the forum.

Good catch, Scott. Here's what's actually going on.

We have been wanting to change web hosts for a while now. One of the problems has been this forum...the software is somewhat outdated and we would like to upgrade it when we move. Naturally we don't want to lose our members or posts, so Josh has been working on the best way to migrate. In the meantime, we are keeping it on our old host while we move everything else. If you've noticed improved performance on the rest of the site, that's why. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Norm, any chance that the new forum software will have some much needed improvements to the Search function?
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Working...
      X