• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Ridgid can sell more tools.

How Ridgid can sell more tools.
    Sell tools online.
    Sell tools on the internet.
    Sell tools directly to the customer via computer.
    Sell tools by telephone.
    Here's a small list of companies already doing it.
    Amazon
    Garret Wade
    Mike's Tools
    Rockler
    Tool King
    Woodcraft
    Woodpecker's
    Woodworker's Supply
    Walmart
    This is your compitition!
    They sell Delta!
    They sell Jet!
    Don't say it can't be done!
    John
    Eastchester, NY
    "Common sense and education are highly compatible; neither is worth much without the other."
    -Donald G. Smith

One forum woulda been enough for this subject.
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by john54:
      [QB] How Ridgid can sell more tools.
      Sell tools online.
      Sell tools on the internet.
      Sell tools directly to the customer via computer.

I think all three of those examples are the same thing.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I agree!
        Andy B.

Comment

JESUS CHRIST! wheres my dictionary...?

Comment

Point well taken, John54;

Ridgid/Emerson I'm sure monitors posts. As soon as they are able to negotiate better customer relations through HD, they will. They are in the business to make money, not be critisized day in and day out.

After all, Ridgid has "Thee" best customer service; and stand behind their warrenty, better than anyone I have ever encountered in my 43 years of mortal life. I believe things will improve because "WE" can make it happen with our opinions.
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

RIDGE TOOLS ARE DOING JUST FINE! THERE PIPE THREADERS ARE SECOND TO NONE AS IS THE DRAIN EQ.THERE WOODWORKING TOOLS ARE SO SO.MAKE THEM BETTER AND IN THE U.S.A AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL DO GREAT!AND YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN COMPARE THEM TO JET/JUNK!

Comment

The only way Ridgid will sell more woodworking tools is to contract with another retailer. Home Depot has always been extremely poor in customer relations and service. They originally focused on the professional contractors, and have never changed. The new home improvement stores focus on both, but more toward the home owner and the amateur woodworkers. It has proven to be successful, while leaving HD trying to catch up.
                KenC

Comment

Would be useful if Ridgid would build a quality 9" bench top band saw. Similar to the Grizzly but better quality. Cast iron frame and table, rugged upper guide arm & dual speed.

Comment

Having BS1400 accessories available on the spot is far better than making a customer fill out an order form and hope they'll get the parts in a week or two!
                    There were accessories for table saws , why not for the BS1400 band saw?

Bought BS1400, 'special ordered' fence, & mitre gauge and cool blocks - they'll be sent to the store, then shipped later to me. I'm 50+ miles from closest Home Depot so that's the best I could do. I was told the accessory vendor wouldn't ship directly to me?

Comment

Cal, you live 50 miles away from an HD? where do you live ? alaska!!!!!
                      Just my opinion

Comment

I have never had a problem with Ridgid tools in the plumbing field, in woodworking i swore by dewalt or delta, i checked with hd about there wood tools and got no credible answer from them i had to go to woodnet.net or the woodweb for a reliable answer, also it would be good if ridgid tried selling thru the woodworkers wharehouse
                        Just my opinion

Comment

grey44ghost...

I count my blessing then. I have 15 HDs within 20 miles of my home. That's right FIFTEEN within TWENTY!!! I'm in the Washington DC area and frequently spend my lunch hour at HD...which routinely turns into my lunch two hours...
                          Cut it, drill it, pound it...period.

Comment

HD is no longer the issue. Nor is it's associates that know crap about Ridgid tools.

It's now the warranty, which they refuse to honor, or stand behind. Since they no longer manufature any tools (unknown about plumbing tools) and have a non existant service center deal with issues.

Roll the die, if it comes up Ridgid, you're sure to be a LOOSER.

Spend wisely!
                            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

FYI,I was at a Rocklers yesterday, there was a jet display produced by jet that said that jet power tools have a lifetime waranty.
                              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X