X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about loaners while warrenty work is done

i recently purchased 4 18 v cordless drills ,i now have problems with 1 charger, 1 battery, and1drill,i contacted ridgid customer service and asked if they have loaners that i could during repair she said no i replyed so what you are saying is tuff luck she says yes ,i asked for a dealer in the area ,she gave me a number ,i called and asked to get my drills fixed,he said no problem but but it will take 2/3 weeks for parts. As a contractor i cant wait 2/3 weeks as for ridgid i guess you have the last $$$$$$ from me .drills are only 6 mounths old .

p.s very bad service

Can you provide me with the names of companies that pass out loaner tools when someone brings in a tool for warranty repair work? What tools do you plan on purchasing in the future when it comes time to replace the Ridgid ones you bought.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

In contrast to the no so friendly Ridgid CS people, check out Bosch's 5 day turn-around or its free support plan;

http://www.boschtools.com/product-services/provantage/

"Drop off your Bosch tool repair at any one of our conveniently located RapidRepair® partners. Chances are, it's the same dealer where you bought your Bosch tool. They're listed on this web site under "Service Centers". Our RapidRepair® partner will take it from there. Your tool repair will be transported to the nearest Bosch Factory Service Center, where it will be repaired by factory-trained technicians, using state-of-the-art equipment, and genuine Bosch service parts. Bosch guarantees that your repaired tool will be available for pick-up at your RapidRepair® partner's facility in five days or less, or your repair is free.*

Need an estimate before your tool is repaired? Your Bosch RapidRepair® partner's Instant Estimate Guide lets you know the guaranteed maximum repair cost up front. It can never be more, and it's often less. Best of all, there's no waiting.*

Is your tool still under warranty? Your Bosch RapidRepair® partner will handle any in-warranty repair, as well.*

All repairs done by Bosch Factory Service Centers under the RapidRepair® program are warranted for 180 days - that's twice the usual warranty period.
      "

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
        Can you provide me with the names of companies that pass out loaner tools when someone brings in a tool for warranty repair work? What tools do you plan on purchasing in the future when it comes time to replace the Ridgid ones you bought.
        I don't think you read the forum title, Badger. It is asking for suggestions. Before you jump full force into your typical defense, maybe you should consider the forum and the post.

I think brecon had a suggestion that could put Ridgid ahead of the game. On the other hand, the s..t Ridgid is willing to put a lable on, I don't think they care about being ahead of the game.

You see Badger, some of us make a living with our tools. When a tool is down it costs us money. With Ridgid power tools it seems to happen often. I know of two examples.
        the dog

Comment

Working...
        X