how about loaners while warrenty work is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about loaners while warrenty work is done

i recently purchased 4 18 v cordless drills ,i now have problems with 1 charger, 1 battery, and1drill,i contacted ridgid customer service and asked if they have loaners that i could during repair she said no i replyed so what you are saying is tuff luck she says yes ,i asked for a dealer in the area ,she gave me a number ,i called and asked to get my drills fixed,he said no problem but but it will take 2/3 weeks for parts. As a contractor i cant wait 2/3 weeks as for ridgid i guess you have the last $$$$$$ from me .drills are only 6 mounths old .

p.s very bad service

Can you provide me with the names of companies that pass out loaner tools when someone brings in a tool for warranty repair work? What tools do you plan on purchasing in the future when it comes time to replace the Ridgid ones you bought.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

In contrast to the no so friendly Ridgid CS people, check out Bosch's 5 day turn-around or its free support plan;

http://www.boschtools.com/product-services/provantage/

"Drop off your Bosch tool repair at any one of our conveniently located RapidRepair® partners. Chances are, it's the same dealer where you bought your Bosch tool. They're listed on this web site under "Service Centers". Our RapidRepair® partner will take it from there. Your tool repair will be transported to the nearest Bosch Factory Service Center, where it will be repaired by factory-trained technicians, using state-of-the-art equipment, and genuine Bosch service parts. Bosch guarantees that your repaired tool will be available for pick-up at your RapidRepair® partner's facility in five days or less, or your repair is free.*

Need an estimate before your tool is repaired? Your Bosch RapidRepair® partner's Instant Estimate Guide lets you know the guaranteed maximum repair cost up front. It can never be more, and it's often less. Best of all, there's no waiting.*

Is your tool still under warranty? Your Bosch RapidRepair® partner will handle any in-warranty repair, as well.*

All repairs done by Bosch Factory Service Centers under the RapidRepair® program are warranted for 180 days - that's twice the usual warranty period.
      "

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
        Can you provide me with the names of companies that pass out loaner tools when someone brings in a tool for warranty repair work? What tools do you plan on purchasing in the future when it comes time to replace the Ridgid ones you bought.
        I don't think you read the forum title, Badger. It is asking for suggestions. Before you jump full force into your typical defense, maybe you should consider the forum and the post.

I think brecon had a suggestion that could put Ridgid ahead of the game. On the other hand, the s..t Ridgid is willing to put a lable on, I don't think they care about being ahead of the game.

You see Badger, some of us make a living with our tools. When a tool is down it costs us money. With Ridgid power tools it seems to happen often. I know of two examples.
        the dog

Comment

Working...
        X