Factory Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Photos

How about posting some photos of the factories that produce your cordless tools?
    the dog

They probably can't. Communist countries are very picky about people and their cameras. Might show their slaves.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Hmmmm

I plan to be in Taiwan in a couple of months for visiting and to take care of some old business. I'll see if I can take a day and possibly drive by the Ridgid joint (I'll bring the wife to translate and see if she can sneak me in for a bit). Might be interesting to see what it is like compared the types of semiconductor factories I used to visit overseas.......
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I think this is it.
        Last edited by Pipestone Kid; 03-18-2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hey wwsmith,

Pick up a couple cases of ZCIs while you are there and ship them home
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Almost worth a second thought......

Originally posted by Bob D.
            Hey wwsmith,

Pick up a couple cases of ZCIs while you are there and ship them home

LOL. As popular a question as that seems to be on this forum I could probably make a killing bringing some back and re-selling. But, alas it is always hard to deal with customs and shipping fees these days so I will probably pass. But if they have any I might sneak a few into my suitcase! Amazingly enough I lived there for almost 3 years and never once thought to drive by this particular company and have a look.

Comment

Yeah, I was just kiddin of course. It was my way of knocking HD and Ridgid for doing such a poor job of stocking these in the stores.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

On a slightly seperate humorous item, it is funny that many people in Taiwan do not (or will not) own things made in Taiwan.....

I agree with the poor job of stocking accessories at HD though. It is quite unfortunate for the consumer to have to work so hard to come with a way to obtain these things. But I won't rattle on as I know this has been covered time and again on other threads.

I am having some friends over there take a look around to find the Ridgid complex and give me some details. My wife called last night and they do not offer any type of private tours so I will have to work something else out if I do find the time to get there. Sometimes a sneaky handshake can do wonders in some instances!

WWS

Comment

what is ZCIs
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Zci