Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

JOSH, Spell Checker Still Doesn't Work, Well Sorta!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOSH, Spell Checker Still Doesn't Work, Well Sorta!

For some reason the spell checker feature doesn't work for me if I log into the site through Firefox. It does however work if I log in using IE. I know, I know, just use IE but I prefer the much more user friendly Firefox plus it has some nice features that IE doesn't.

Is there a fix at Ridgids end that would make the spell check feature compatable to both IE and Firefox?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Dave, as the plugin for the spell checker is designed primarily for IE I doubt that Firefox is compatible with it, unless some finetuning is done. Your better bet might be to try the Google bar Josh recommended, but since I don't have Firefox at work I am not able to check if that will work for you or not at the moment.

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Support for Firefox is on their 'to do list', just checked their website.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

WWS, I did download the Google Toolbar but there is a problem with it. The download itself appears to have happened but when I try opening the file I get a message that Windows doesn't recognize it. I HATE COMPUTERS!!!
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave, sorry to hear of your problems with the spell checker. Did you download the Google bar from Firefox or IE? It really shouldn't matter, but just curious (again for my inner geek). I do certainly agree that computers can be a real "bear" sometimes and more than less it seems at times!

Are you opening the file via Windows explorer or such? Does it not try to install right after the download on its own? Perhaps try to download it again as it may have corrupted upon download? I currently use the MSN toolbar (although it does not offer any spell checker option that I am aware of) so I am not sure how the Google bar downloads and installs. I may have to try it on the LOML computer this weekend if I have time and see. She also uses Firefox. I'll let you know if I see anything that may be of use or help!

I hope to start on a new roll top desk for her birthday this weekend so I am not sure of my PC time this weekend, but it also depends on my son's nap schedule!

WWS
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
          X