My Thoughts: TS2400LS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts: TS2400LS

Before purchasing my TS2400LS I thoroughly reviewed the Dewalt DW744S, Bosch 4000-09 and Makita 2704X1. The TS2400LS had all the features, and more, that I was looking for in a portable table saw. What ultimately sold me on the TS2400LS was:

- the non-pneumatic tires make for a more stable base
    - the T- tracks in the table top
    - beveled top edge allowing the miter to slide easily
    - the slots in the fence allows jigs to be easily attached
    - the mico-adjusting fence
    - mitre, fence and guard stores away very compactly and the saw can be stored flush against garage wall

When setting up the saw I only needed to make some very minor adjustments. I have only used the saw a couple of times since I got it Boxing Day week, but the saw runs strong and the fence is accurate.

When I have made good tool purchases I have been mostly a “yellow guy". I just may be purchasing more orange in the future.

Two suggestions for improvement:
    1) pneumatic assist lift
    2) electrical outlet built into the chassis and hooked up to the power swtich. This would allow me to plug my shop vac onto the TS so that when I power up the saw the vac would start up as well.
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

Re: My Thoughts: TS2400LS

One other thing you may want to consider that I did, I made a 32" MDF fence 5 1/2" tall plus a backer that sits on top of the fence glued to the 5/1/2" piece, I mounted it with 3 1/4" x20 FH screws with rectangular nuts slid into the track on the face of the fence then I routed and installed a T track about an inch and a quarter down from the top. Now you have something to mount feather boards etc into. Huge improvement

Originally posted by Zuki View Post
    Before purchasing my TS2400LS I thoroughly reviewed the Dewalt DW744S, Bosch 4000-09 and Makita 2704X1. The TS2400LS had all the features, and more, that I was looking for in a portable table saw. What ultimately sold me on the TS2400LS was:

- the non-pneumatic tires make for a more stable base
    - the T- tracks in the table top
    - beveled top edge allowing the miter to slide easily
    - the slots in the fence allows jigs to be easily attached
    - the mico-adjusting fence
    - mitre, fence and guard stores away very compactly and the saw can be stored flush against garage wall

When setting up the saw I only needed to make some very minor adjustments. I have only used the saw a couple of times since I got it Boxing Day week, but the saw runs strong and the fence is accurate.

When I have made good tool purchases I have been mostly a “yellow guy". I just may be purchasing more orange in the future.

Two suggestions for improvement:
    1) pneumatic assist lift
    2) electrical outlet built into the chassis and hooked up to the power swtich. This would allow me to plug my shop vac onto the TS so that when I power up the saw the vac would start up as well.
    Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

I have had that saw for some time now and am very happy with it. I also have a couple of nits that would be worth addressing, but are really pretty minor.

1) The fence is not easily removed from its storage location. It actually takes a pretty good tug to get it free. Is there a special technique that I am not aware of?

2) The coating on the surface is not very resistant to solvents. I quickly learned that the tabletop is not a good place to use paintstrippers and other solvents. I guess I was just used to the old cast tops that were bare steel. The tradeoff was that they would readily rust.

Comment

I too really like my 2400ls, but I noticed the restrictor on the dust port clogs very easy causing blowback, I clean it after every use but may decide to remove a restrictor slot so it will flow better out the dust port. The outlet on the saw sounds cool, but with a 13-15 amp motor and a shop vac in use would most likely blow fuses in the garage not to mention the noise. Thats what happened when I put them in line together. Cut first, clean later.

Comment

I received my TS2400LS today. It was on sale for $404 at Home Depot and shipping was free.

It came out of the box ready to fire up. I checked the setup all around and everything is right on.

Let the work begin...

Comment

I thought I bought the TS2400 (which was the display model) but when I opened the box it was a TS2410. Are there any major differences other than the stand? The newer stand seems to take up more room and could be stiffer front to back. I may try to find a 2400 at another HD nearby.

Comment

I personally prefer the stand on the older TS2400 over the newer one. I've used mine both indoors and out and have not needed adjustable feet (in the dirt, the claw on your hammer adjusts the ground just fine if need be). The stand on the 2400 is without a doubt more stout.
              You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Working...
              X