Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 700 pipe threader (power pony )

The ridgid 700 pipe threader ( AKA power pony ) is a tool that I have been using for the past 20 years . Just lately they have came up with a replacement cord retainor that allowing the cord to keep pulling out .Even when you try to be realy carefull not to pull on the cord , it slowly works it way out .According to the directions the cord retainor is installed properly (so I'm told ) . I checked the parts list on this web site , it shows the cord retainor going in in that direction . For 20 + years the cord insulation would break befor it would pull out . Whats diferent now ? How can this problem be resolved ?

Re: Ridgid 700 pipe threader (power pony )

Years ago, I had my 700 retrofitted with a black cord from a power tool. It resembles a cord on a drill or sawsall but heavier. It has remained perfect for at least 10 years. The original Ridgid cord is a piece of junk, which is curious considering the quality of the tool.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 700 pipe threader (power pony )

I have now used the Power Pony to screw down mobile home augers..It is a home run.....the best I have ever used.

Comment

Working...
      X