X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vac pump 2000

just got a real good chance to try out my new ridgid vac pump 2000 (vp2000)

i had a basement with a water heater leak. the owner had a feeling something was wrong for the last 5 days. well today the heater shut off. she opened the basement door to find approx. 6'' of standing water in a 15'x 15' concrete basement. approx. 841 gallons

i went there to pump out the water and took my new 12 gallon ridgid vac. and vp2000 vac. pump. this was the first time i got a chance to use it.

it was very impressive i used a transfer pump to first get the water level down to approx. 1.5'' deep. then i used my 12 gallon ridgid shop vac. with the vp2000 attached to the drain port. i connected the 50'- 5/8'' garden hose to the pump. the pump had to lift approx. 8' to street level.

as i was using the vac. to suck up the water, i turned on the vp2000 to start pumping the vac. out.

all i can say was wow it pumped as i was vacuuming the water from the concrete floor. it sure made it easy to clean up the basement. the pump would even pump with the vac. running. i would have to stop every so often to allow the pump to catch up, but that was to be expected as the vac. had a 2.5'' suction hose and the pump had a 5/8'' discharge hose going up 8'.

still it was a pleasure not having to stop and empty the vac. of water.

just thought that you all would like to hear about it first hand.

i was very pleased

why can't i find it on this site?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: vac pump 2000

I almost bought one of those last winter but wasn't to sure about performance.
    Does the pump seem like it can Handel a small amount of debris?
    I was thinking this set up would be great when jetting through toilet hole or any other place your not able to get a bucket or a trash can under to catch the water when line is blocked or frozen.
    The way I do it now is: 3' hose to transfer pump. 5' hose to trash can or bucket. I have a sump pump in can/bucket to pump out side to holding tank.
    I think this vac w/ pump would be a lot easier and a lot less clutter etc...
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
    X