X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid's new OL50135AL air compressor

I purchased the new aluminum compressor in April based on Ridgid's name and value. The first one leaked air so bad I took it back to Home Depot. The second one worked great with my new Ridgid finish nail pneumatic gun. By the time I cut and nailed 54' of oak baseboard and 54" of oak chair rail it failed to start and recharge. Since 30 days had elapsed Home Depot refused to take it back. I then drove one hour to a Ridgid authorized repair center. The compressor piston seized up and the compressor unit will need to be replaced. It's been 40 days now and still not repaired. The shop said the part is still on back order, could be two more weeks, could be two more months. This is sad, I now rent when I need one, how can they market an all new compressor with no parts available. I guess my repair parts are somewhere between China and Ohio. I hope Ridgid quality control tracks warranty jobs and costs to effect quality control at the manufacturing site.

Re: Ridgid's new OL50135AL air compressor

My Ridgid compressor was repaired after 26 business days. It would be nice if Ridgid could set a goal of 10 days turn around time since we depend on them and they always fail when we have a job to do. They did replace the complete cast compressor unit and electric motor. I appreciate this since the motor may have been stressed trying to power the piston that was siezing.
    My new Ridgid R250AFA finish nailer works great. It powers 2.5" 15 gauge nails easily through oak trim. The Ridgid authorized repair center did a nice job and I now have a new compressor again. I appreciate Ridgid's thorough repair they authorized and complete assembly shipped to the repair center.
    Last edited by JPK; 07-13-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Re: Ridgid's new OL50135AL air compressor

I too have bought this compressor (#02501W) and am totally pissed off about this. My $400.00 compressor ran 1 time and seized up with oil in it. When I went to register this product on their web site for a warranty, the compressor wasn't even on there list. Guess I'm hosed if you can't even get parts for this Chinese piece of crap.

Comment

Working...
      X