out of shape and a the r3210 worm drive saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of shape and a the r3210 worm drive saw

a guy i know down here is building a very very very large home(10,000 sq ft with a 4 car garage) i just cut osb all day (thought i was going to die) for the roof. well i "used to" be able to lift 4 sheets at a time,THOSE DAY ARE OVER!!! needed help with 2.

now i have had the ridgid worm saw for about two years now, but only used it one time more or less just to say i used it. welll let me tell you about this, i still have the factory blade in it, well i diid untill about noon any ways. this saw rock and never slow down. at one point i was cutting 5 sheets at a time like butter but then i made a boo boo, i was drifting off the line some and went to get back one it and ripped 30 of the 36 carbide teeth off, the saw never binded, but i keep going with that blade untill lunch(40 minutes) i have never either seen a saw with that much torque to yank the teeth off or such a crap blade to come in a saw, but i should have know better then to do what i did so i rest the blame on me mostly. the best down fall with this saw though i bet it is more me than the saw, is omg is this thing heavy, my arm and shoulder are killing me (thats a good thing right?)

now back to the whole out of shape thing, you all know the toby keith song, "i am not as good once was but i'm as good once as a ever was" well i can't even say that, i am pathietc, i have no strength left, i felt like a 17 year old helper, heck i almost fired my self.

i have to finish up tomarrow then i am going to going to start exersizing alot more i might even buy i bicycle to go loacl erands in astart walking more and fing some one to start lifting with, not power life but to streght build.

but man that saw impressed me
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: out of shape and a the r3210 worm drive saw

OSC it's true what they say... use it or lose it

I'm not sure how old you are but I know what you mean...

I'm 45 and I got involved in a softball game this past summer.
    Everything was hunky dory until I got a hit and headed out towards first base
    I'll tell ya my legs felt like they had lead weights strapped to them and to top it all off it also felt like I had big clown feet on
    I was laughing so hard that I barely made it to first on what should have been an easy double. Felt like I was spinning my wheels in quicksand

Come to think of it I remember a few pains for a while after that weekend.

I'm trying to hit the treadmill consistently now as I've got high cholesterol etc. but I don't always make it after a hard days work

Good luck with your efforts
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

You may be out of shape but that danged saw is too heavy. Any saw that can rip off that many teeth could likely rip your arm off after a full day's work. You need to get rid of it! Find some rube and pawn it off on him!

(I'll buy it for $10, if you don't mind paying shipping and handling.)

I'm in my prime and can handle a saw like that with ease!

I'm a new member here, so I hope you guys appreciate a little wit, or half of one!

Comment

Quote from OldSlowChevy:

"a guy i know down here is building a very very very large home(10,000 sq ft with a 4 car garage) i just cut osb all day (thought i was going to die) for the roof. well i "used to" be able to lift 4 sheets at a time,THOSE DAY ARE OVER!!! needed help with 2.

now i have had the ridgid worm saw for about two years now, but only used it one time more or less just to say i used it. welll let me tell you about this, i still have the factory blade in it, well i diid untill about noon any ways. this saw rock and never slow down. at one point i was cutting 5 sheets at a time like butter but then i made a boo boo, i was drifting off the line some and went to get back one it and ripped 30 of the 36 carbide teeth off, the saw never binded, but i keep going with that blade untill lunch(40 minutes) i have never either seen a saw with that much torque to yank the teeth off or such a crap blade to come in a saw, but i should have know better then to do what i did so i rest the blame on me mostly. the best down fall with this saw though i bet it is more me than the saw, is omg is this thing heavy, my arm and shoulder are killing me (thats a good thing right?)

now back to the whole out of shape thing, you all know the toby keith song, "i am not as good once was but i'm as good once as a ever was" well i can't even say that, i am pathietc, i have no strength left, i felt like a 17 year old helper, heck i almost fired my self.

i have to finish up tomarrow then i am going to going to start exersizing alot more i might even buy i bicycle to go loacl erands in astart walking more and fing some one to start lifting with, not power life but to streght build.

but man that saw impressed me "

OldSlowChevy,

Had somewhat the same experience today and I almost fired myself too after a day with the Ridgid Worm Drive. Just not in the same shape and figured I probably won't be any time too soon. A great saw as it cuts everything - like butter, but it sure is heavy if you've got to hold it over your head away from the saw horses. Went straightway to my local HD and hefted up the 8 lb., 6 1/2" Fuego framing saw this evening checking the weight against every saw chained to the stand. Even though it's a sidewinder with blade right orientation, it sure is easy to handle, light, and sighting isn't as bad as I thought. Kind of brings to mind that Peyton Manning commercial where he mentions the fact that if you're not a professional football player or over the age of 23 you're probably not going to get those rock hard abs back. I figure I've got a few years left and I'm too fond of sitting in front of the big screen after a day of pushing it - so, went with a lighter solution. I know your thread is a month old, but I had to mention my ride with the orange monster - even though I love that worm drive, I'll leave it to the younger guys on the job site to heft around

Comment

Working...
        X