3,000 psi pressure washer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3,000 psi pressure washer

does anyone have any comments pro or con for the ridgid 3,000 psi pressure washer?

Re: 3,000 psi pressure washer

If it has a CAT pump and a Honda commercial engine then it is a good PW. The price is what would determine the value then.

Comment

I've been using a Karcher 6hp for two years and I wonder why these units including the Ridgids don't include a hose reel? A hose reel is such a time and work saver, I'd pay extra for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        If it has a CAT pump and a Honda commercial engine then it is a good PW. The price is what would determine the value then.
        I will agree with the Cat pump, but a Honda engine, while good, is not a necessity. Subauru makes a fine engine and is used by Ingersoll Rand on many of there compressors. There are some other good pumps out there, but generally for what you see in the store it's either a no name ot Cat.
        I used to sell a few pressure washers back in the day when I worked at a paint store, mostly Simpson, Graco, and a few others. We couldn't sell any pressure washer unless it had a Simpson,General or Cat pump on it. They are better quality than these cheap pumps you find on most units and you can actually get parts for them which is the main problem with most pressure washers.
        Last edited by Knary50; 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: Added pump

Comment

I purchased this new unit on 3/3/08 and it's a defective product. I'm on my 2nd one and the pump on this one is leaking plus another defect / problem. The first one had a crack in the face plate that was next to the wand holder when it is dis-assembled.(I thought it had happened during shipping). I got the second one and check it throughly for the face plate crack and it was perfect.... that is before I started the engine. During it's first use with it sitting an a flat surface I literally watched the face plate vibrate and crack in the same exact place as the 1st unit. Needless to say I am very disappointed with ridgid and this unit. I wrote ridgid 9 days ago about this issue and have gotten no response from them. When I called they told me to return the unit. I did and I'm back to square one with the same issue all over again plus a leaking pump. I really don't like companies that don't respond to emails or don't listen to customers about possible defects in there products. I like the subaru engine and the pump (first units) it ran great and was really powerful. Just good luck on getting a unit without the faceplate defect and a pump that leaks. Hopefully this gets ridgids attention.........

Comment

Hi everyone!

Well, tonight I purchased the 3300 Ridgid Pressure Washer and I assembled it tonight as well!

I have not had a chance yet to try it. Has anyone here tried this model yet?

It appears to be one of the most heavy duty pressure washers I have ever seen in the 3000's PSI level.

Last, is there a difference between the 3000 and the 3300 or are they one and the same unit?

It is me,

Freddy
            Don't squabble with the chickens
            Instead, soar
            with the eagles

Comment

Hi Guys just a quick note and I'll check back later with proof . I looking at both the 3000 psi unit and the 3300 . Ridgid saids the 3300 is 2.8 gpm however when I took the model number from the Cat pump off the 3300 unit and went to Cats's web site it saids it only 2.7. Maybe one of you guys want to check this because it seems somebody is padding the specs

Comment

Well I have just had my first disappointment with Ridgid, My wife purchased the Ridgid 3000 power washer as an early fathers day gift today. The assy. went well until the manual indicated there are holders for the trigger and wand when not in use, not on this one nor on the display at HD, but are listed in the parts diagram. When I poured detergent in the tank it started leaking from the front onboard/remote switch (bad o-rings in switch).
                I started the motor with no problems and was washing my vehicle and released the trigger which stopped the flow of water, the motor made a funny sound and before I could shut it off the motor locked up. Yes! the oil was added. We packaged it up, took back to HD and purchased another brand. On a good note, I have a shop full of Ridgid pwr tools and love them and will continue to buy more.

Comment

Rex, I had just about the same thing happen. I bought the 3000 and got it home and poured soap in the tank and the started the unit up. Right away soap started to pour out of the knob assembly. I called Ridgid on it and had a rather unpleasant person just tell me that there is a 2 month wait on that part due to them redesigning it. She told me to take it back to HD and just get another one. So I did that today. WTF, exact same problem with this one. Soap pouring out the knob assembly. Ridgid doesn't seem to want to help so this one is going back and someone at HD will get an earfull. I really didn't want to spend the extra 200 to jump up to the 3300. Maybe HD will offer me a deal to upgrade for a cheaper price. Anyways, I hope Ridgid will make some kind of effort to take care of this issue. Other than that the 3000 seems to be exactly what I need to get the job done.

Comment

The 3300 PW is well worth the extra money. Lo quality PW's are a waste of money. The axial cam pump is not a good design in the long run. Buy the CAT, do a search and you will find no complaints on the 3300psi model. BTW, it will produce maybe 2600psi actual useable. 3300psi is the max at unload but you will never produce that in use.

Comment

I just picked one of these up at my local HD for $299.

For $299, nothing out there comes close to the power and the build quality this has. I'm not a hardcore user (I'll use it probably less than 30 hours/year), but I need the power since my yard/house gets horribly dirty, but I cant justify the extra $200 for one with a CAT piston pump. Granted it has an axial pump, but mine is equipped with an Annovi Reverberi pump. From what I have found in my brief research, they are not bottom shelf. With a 3 year warranty, I'm not overly concerned. If the pump does go after the 3 years, I can just replace it with a high-end axial, for less than the difference in what it would cost to buy the 3300 (Google is your friend here).

I purchased a roto cleaner head separately at Canadian Tire for $35, and the combination was amazing. What usually took me nearly 6 hours with one of those 1700 psi electric PWs took me just over 2 hours with this one.

I know I've only used it once, but I'm very pleased.

I haven't used the soap dispenser yet, and I doubt I will very much, so I can't comment on mine like others have above.
                      Last edited by hostile; 07-21-2008, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Was forced to buy one today when mine went south at the start of the job. I have other rigid tools and have not had any problems. I had no issues with this model today, I cleaned a 2500 sq ft home. The engine started right up and ran for 4 1/2 hours with no issues. I have not tried the soap dispenser yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post

Screw CAT pumps as AR and General are just as good if not better. Also screw Honda engines. B&S and Subaru are just as good and Kohler is WAY better. Just like the idiots that believe Stihl makes the best chainsaw.... yeah just a name, surely no better than a Husky. Later!

Comment

I can't answer the questions on the 3000 but I just purchased the 3300psi ridgid and for the most part I am very satisfied. Unit seems to be far better built than the craftsman washer I just junked. Have had no problems with the face plate cracking after 2 hours of use. Spray gun is of excellent quality and confortable to use. One pull starting is hit and miss at best, if it does not start after 2 pulls you must go thru the purging operation which is placing the switch to off and pulling the cord 4 or 5 times then switching back to on and then it will start. The owners manual lacks a lot of info on the engine and the pump. Since this model comes with the fuel injected engine, the is no throttle control, its factory set. There is no instructions on how to change the pump oil or how to interpret what your seeing when looking at the clear window on the side of the pump. Went to the Subaru/Robin web sight and was able to download a service manual for this engine, a owners manual is not available but service manual answers all my questions. I then went to Cat Pumps web sight, no listing for the model GXT30 pump used on the 3300psi. Called Cat and was told this pump model is a private label pump and must go thru ridgid for the manual. I am told Ridgid has no manual on the pump. As a closing thought, purchase the rotating nozzel at about 50.00, makes clean up far faster and I use it for just about all the cleaning I do. The nozzel I purchased allows you to adjust the pressure also.

Comment

I bought the 3000 psi model also.Same gripes as everyone about the manuals(poor).Also, all three clear hoses that come off the selector switch/valve for the tank or bottle were kinked and neither worked.I had to run the hose directly to the pump from the bottle to use it the first time.Just got thicker wall hose at the hardware and will see how it works now and hope it does not kink.

Comment

Working...
                              X